N-Europe

Major problems with PC

triforcemario

Recently, I noticed my CPU was over-heating due to a lack of a clean-up (as in the inside of the computer was full of dust), and I removed the CPU fan to clean it up. When I put it back in (and plugged the electric cable back in as well), and I turned on my computer, it now refuses to go past the first few seconds of the Windows XP Boot screen. Although I did manage to log onto my account twice, it always went off after a couple of minutes.

Before you comment, take the following into account: No cables are loose (I've checked them over countless times), it isn't the HDD (since I was able to log onto my account with no problems a couple of times), it isn't dust, the processor is definatly not loose (since the BIOS reconises it, and I also checked three times), and all the fans are definatly working (I had it on with the case open to make sure). However, it might be something to do with over-heating, since I've noticed an odd, almost sizzling-like sound (although there's definatly no burning, and the PC's components are never hot when the PC goes off).

Any help would be massivly appreciated.