Sign in to follow this  
old_gregg

Vote Conservative

Who should be the next Conservative leader  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Conservative leader

• David Cammoran
    • David Davis

He's already made it clear that he plans to fulfill much of Blair's vision, so those expecting a complete shift in the direction of the party under Brown need to think again.
Gordon Brown can say anything he wants now, if it will help him get into power! It doesn't mean he has to do any of it when he's in power!

- Saying he'll back Tony's vision just increases his chances of Blair fully supporting him for Priminister!

- If he publically said 'I'm going to make sure I do things VERY differently from Tony',

It would basically be admitting Tony's done a bad job. The consequences of that would be; no support for him from Tony, aswell as making all the other parties look better!

You could argue that he's hardly been the best of chancellors either, having been lucky to inherit an economy in 1997 which was not only already in great shape, but steadily growing.

He certainly won't have any easy time anyway, given the state with which the government seem to be spiralling into at the moment

Well surely he'd do a MUCH better job than anyone else could do, because at least he'd be going into the position with ALOT of experience.

Everyone else would be going in with nothing and things would get even worse still!

cameron, and i will be voting conservative. new labour needs to realise they can't keep on treating us like idiots and actually realise that they're a left-wing party. i know my logic sounds stupid but it makes sense in my head :hehe:

If you want to make Labour realise they're supposed to be on the Left, vote for a party on the Left then. Voting for the Tories will only make them think that the general opinion is swaying to the Right, and they'll play their cards to attract that vote.

Sign in to follow this