N-Europe

Samsung D500 query- help appreciated!

darksnowman

My mobile gave up on me last Thursday. It was all good and working, I sent a text around lunchtime... set the phone on the desk... and after a bit it flickered and turned off. I got it back on without any bother, but the only thing that works now is the on/ off button- none of the others do anything! ::shrug:

I took it to a shop and they took it apart and had a look at it, then told me I could send it to be repaired but it would cost more to repair than to replace basically. I don't mind getting a new phone, the thing keeping me from opting for that though is that there are important messages, photos and even videos on it that I can't lose. I have the details of where to send it but I had an idea, and this is where you all come in:

If I were to get a lead that would let me connect it to the PC could I retrieve the stuff on the phone? I mean, I can turn the phone on ok, so with a lead could I use the PC to access the phone and remove the data? Or do you have to send it from the phone to the computer?

I hope you see what I'm getting at, help appreciated! : peace:

Well this is how my D600 works so I don't know if it will be the same. When I hook it to my pc / laptop by default the usb settings conform to usb modem. In order for it to act as a mass storage device I have to set it up as one in the settings menu each and every time I want this function. Also by doing this, I can only see files that are on my memory card, not the phones internal memory. I hope this helps a little.