NEurope
dazzybee

When will developers/publishers treat Wii with respect?

Why should I waste my time picking apart your post when you put it across in such a stupid way, and will ignore everything I say anyway?

Why would I ignore it? And how was it a stupid way. Explain yourself rather than just insulting people. Fact is you COULDN'T pick apart my post only comment on the swearing, which is fine; but has no bearing on intelligence in any way!

And TAPEDECK. This thread isn't about the rubbish games, it's about the multiformat games lacking features on Wii. I agree, I have enjoyed some of the minigames and 'cheaper' games.

I fail to see why I should bother. Past experience in debates with you and other people has made me realise how pointless it is.

duty_calls.png

I can't remember us ever having a debate, and I doubt I would say your opinion is wrong or anything. Oh well.

[rant]

The answer is simple; for "Big" multiformat releases that happen to make there way onto the Wii are generally designed around Xbox 360 / PS3 first, then whatever parts of the game the developers feel like porting to the Wii, they do and whatever features they feel like omitting, they do so.

Got a fully featured FPS with an online mode for up to 32 players, downloadable maps, leaderboards etc? check, works on 360 check, works on PS3 check, works on Wii... sorta... no HDD... friend codes... oh well...

How about we port the single player portion of the game over to Wii, add some 11th hour waggle controls and some half decent I.R recgonition and call it "the definitive single player version" yeah that works.

Games designed around the Wii hardware work best on it, games designed around other formats which are then ported to it can only ever be substandard - half decent at the very best.

Most people have realised now that if they want the best of both worlds they buy a Wii for exclusive games and an Xbox 360 / PS3 for multiformat games.

If more people would resign themselves to that fact, don't buy the Wii version cut down ports and just bought the exclusive games for it, the devs would get the message eventually.

Sad fact is people will still buy ports with waggle, devs still make money out of them this continue to make them, it's just an endless self perpetuating cycle of pointlessness.

Buying Wii versions of multiformat games where devs just haven't bothered means your just sitting on the fence giving devs the message that we actually want this kind of third rate rubbish as well as the exclusive games but on the other hand complaining about it as well.

Just to recap, the answer is simple but not everyone likes it...

Wii = exclusive games Xbox 360 / PS3 = big multiformat games.

End of...

[/rant]

I agree completely but Fifa (multi format release) was made specifically for Wii - would it have been that hard to have all the extra modes in it too? No.

The new MLB2k8 is being worked for the Wii and I'm sure the controls will be awesome, but is it really that hard to add online and all the modes? Same with all the games. How hard is it to implement an online component and all the modes? Surely that's the easy bit!!

It's really annoying me, we touched on it in another thread about how some developers leave key features out of games compared with their PS3/360 equivalents. It's really annoying and lazy.
Laziness isn't an issue in the business world.
Anyways, the new MLB2k8 is missing a bunch of features including online play for the wii version because they want to focus on families! WHAT KIND OF FUCKING REASON IS THIS!?!?!?
Companies use this 'reason' to cover up lack of time and technical challenges.
And no one please say Nintendos online service isn't set up yet - that's clearly bollocks because others seem to be using it!!! Some people are just lazy and out to make money, and know they can get away with it!
Apparently it's more difficult and rescource consuming to program for Nintendo Wi-Fi than it is to program for Xbox Live and PSN. This is Nintendo's fault, as their online services are underdeveloped compared to the competition.
If all developers and publishers gave the Wii the respect it deserves and didn't cheap out on it unnecessarily then maybe more people would buy their bastard games and wankers wouldn't complain about 3rd parties not selling software - put some effort in and they will sell. Gimps.
Doubt they really disrespect the machine now (respect is really not the right word in this context, but I see what you mean), but they certainly did so in the past. Now the Wii is shown to have more than a viable market, this attitude should change. Good games take more than two years to develop though.

Dazzybee is right, they have to treat us with more respect, i mean, we have few cool games (well, at least we can't find much cool games in the other platforms, so, its not our problem either), and sooner or later, casual gamers gonna become hardcore gamers because of the Wii, so... HARDCORE GAMES.. PLEASE!!!

(Maybe Disaster: Day of Crysis?)

Off Topic: Dazzybee, see your PM's, please