N-Europe

Connecting a set-top-box to an indoor aerial...

jayseven

Ok, I've decided to get freeview in my bedroom, and with no aerial for quite a distance I figured I'd get an indoor aerial to combat this.

I'm going to get the "Telecam TCE2000" and this cheap, cheerful digibox.

The indoor aerial is supposedly very good, and only a tenner. Now, as far as I can tell, this should be sufficient. Does anyone here currently have freeview through an indoor aerial? Any issues I should know about? or any experience with either of these products?

*hopes the thread gets a reply or two*

I think it mostly depends on the area you live in. I live in a very low area and have an aerial, but i can only get the 4 BBC channels, and nothing else.

Sometimes like last night for some reason, i was able to get every channel for about an hour, then it just goes back to the 4 BBC channels, i can not even get ITV or Channel 4 on digital, have to use analoge.

From what I've been reading about, the channels are sent out in six different "multiplexes". BBC1, ITV1, QVC (the shopping channel), BBC4 (evening) or CBeebies (daytime), The Hits and Sky News are all from different ones, and if you can get each, you can get them all.

Traffic affects the signal, which might explain why you sometimes get it late at night?