N-Europe

PSU Question

Fandango

So here's my problem, I just started work on building a new computer (my first one!!: peace: ) and am gonna buy some of the parts from America, as I'm taking a trip over there next week.

I know which PSU I want, (Antec True Power Trio 650W) but because I'll be using it in Ireland, will I be fine using an adapter? Or would I be better off just buying one locally just in-case?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

See above.

EDIT: Although Seasonic do provide Antec with parts, don't know if that would be one of them.

EDIT2: Judging from the stats that probably IS a Seasonic PSU so go for it

EDIT3: Also as a part of the computer that can take out the rest of your computer pretty easily I would recommend buying locally. At least buy with a good surge protecter.

Antec are good if you want a reliable low-end PSU. I wouldn't buy they're premium products though, Seasonic and Corsair (both manufactured by Seasonic) tend to have that market sewn up. The only exception would be if you're buying an Antec 900 or P180/P182 case. Antec PSUs have longer cables which makes cable management in these cases a lot easier (they have the PSU at the bottom, as a result the wires in some PSUs end up being a little short).

And as said above, better safe than sorry. Buy locally.

Also, remember that you won't get a warranty on stuff bought from the US. Is it really worth the saving?

Damn it, all 3 (Yes, 3!) PC stores in my town don't sell any PSUs, or at least not any good brands that I would trust :angry: . They don't even sell any decent components really, the most newest one available would be a Nvidia 8600 GTS, which was 300 Euros >_< .

So my question is does anyone know a good online site that will ship internationally, specifically to Ireland? Quick reply would be appreciated, going to America on Tuesday and buying majority of parts there.