NEurope
Helmsly

Q&A: Nintendo's Satoru Iwata

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6185358.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6185358%5b/url

GS: While the Wii has been an unqualified success for Nintendo in terms of software and hardware, it still hasn't seen any third-party software hits on the same scale as Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, or even Wii Play. Do you think third-party developers and publishers are struggling with the Wii's innovative nature?

SI: Every time someone points out to me that only Nintendo games are selling on the Wii, I remind them that the same thing was said for the DS. [Chuckles]

As the first party, our primary goal is to make software that people want to play so much that they purchase the hardware, so we were putting all of our efforts into that before the hardware was even released. It's natural, then, that our title lineup still feels a bit more robust. We had to start off at full steam to establish the platform as something with enough of a market to make it worthwhile for other developers to come into.

:)

I hope he's right, but in fact, DS was just like the Wii...

Really good interview, both by GS and Iwata. And it was nicely translated, which most people don't care, but it ruins lots of interviews.

Really good interview, both by GS and Iwata. And it was nicely translated, which most people don't care, but it ruins lots of interviews.

Doesn't Iwata do his interviews in English? He has spoken quite well in different conferences, so it would make sense that he would do his interview in English.