NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
phazonwarrior

Pikmin: debut or sophomore effort?

I didn't care so much for my Pikmins^^' At the final boss in the original I wasted over 500 Pikmins. Just threw them at him like crazy and went back to the ship to get more.

I don't want to treat my Pikmin as dispensable. :(

Frogs? You mean the Bulborbs? Those are taken care of.

...Maybe I'm getting Pikmin 2 with 1 muddled up but near where the birds are isn't there a pond where you have to build bridges?

imagine the bloodbath that would be in a PS3/X360 clone of this game. there hasnt been one has there?

I didn't care so much for my Pikmins^^' At the final boss in the original I wasted over 500 Pikmins. Just threw them at him like crazy and went back to the ship to get more.

That boss was a BITCH!

...Maybe I'm getting Pikmin 2 with 1 muddled up but near where the birds are isn't there a pond where you have to build bridges?

Yes, but there are no Frogs.

Yes, but there are no Frogs.

Ah, then its ok then. Just clear the path and all is good. Please buy Pikmin 2, you're really enjoy it. Its just so much better in every way possible.

Ah, then its ok then. Just clear the path and all is good. Please buy Pikmin 2, you're really enjoy it. Its just so much better in every way possible.

Yeah, but it's pretty hard to find. And a bit expensive, too.

Now I know why you told me to go through the pond. The right bird was the back one. I killed both birds, anyway. I lost less Pikmin than I thought.

Also, in the Forest Navel, right when the day was about to end, I was exploring the site where the last part would be.

Suddenly, a Giant Spider fell on me! And I was less than 10 seconds away from the end of the day!

One of the legs was inches away from the little ones. A hell of a scare I got. The rest of the day went great and it was almost ruined by this.

Hmmm, Maybe I really should get Pikmin 2, one of these days...

Big fan fo the Pikmin games but the original just has so much more charm than the sequel which I finally managed to find in my local gamestation for £18 which I had to buy, loved it just not as much as the original.

ill never forget my last pikmin experience and I havnt gone back to it since, the pain is too much. I was playing pikmin 2 and I was in one of the caves early on in the game and came across a giant slug as the cave boss. I was kicking it's ass but the all of a sudden, my hundreds of pikmin fighting him from all angles got crushed when he decided to just roll over. seeing all the pik-ghosts go up to the sky was enough for me. a sad day :red:

ill never forget my last pikmin experience and I havnt gone back to it since, the pain is too much. I was playing pikmin 2 and I was in one of the caves early on in the game and came across a giant slug as the cave boss. I was kicking it's ass but the all of a sudden, my hundreds of pikmin fighting him from all angles got crushed when he decided to just roll over. seeing all the pik-ghosts go up to the sky was enough for me. a sad day :red:

L.M.A.O!

That boss really freaks me out. Its actually a queen Bulborb and her larvae can kill your pikmin in one gulp. That boss requires patience - just hit the face and bring your Pikmin back when shes a bout to roll, rinse and repeat.

But yeah, the ghosts really freak me out too, especially the noise they make. *shiver*

First one. I started playing the second and gave up because it just wasn't the same. I didn't like the underground cave bits and there was no need to for two extra types. It wasn't broke so they shouldn't have tried to fix it.

The first Pikmin is one of my favourite games. I enjoyed every single aspect of it, including the time limit which didn't make the game really that hard, in my opinion. I managed to gather all the ship parts, including the extra ones, within 27 days.

In early 2007 if I recall correctly, I bought Pikmin 2 but I didn't start it right away as there were some other games on my waiting list and I was waiting for the right time to play it.

The right time was a few days ago, but honestly, I am not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the first one. Personally, I think it doesn't make sense that a sequel like Pikmin 2, has so many tutorials and guides. The beginning of the game is quite boring because of that.

Moreover, I also don't approve the dungeon-style caves which totally destroyed the game. One of the great things about the first one is the outdoors action, which in the second game is very small.

Finally, the lack of time limit makes the game excessively easy.

Well, as you can see, I prefer Pikmin over Pikmin 2.

Sign in to follow this