NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
My Buttons are Magic!

laptop + the sims 2

I looked through the help pages on the official page but I couldn't find anything about my card. I _think_ this is what it is called; ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400

Will it work?

here - you can go on the ea games site... find the page about the sims 2 and they do a check to see if the computer can run the sims 2 ok :D

Right, with a Dell Vostro (Click on the business section) you can get this:

Nvidia 8600M GT

2Ghz Core 2 Duo

3 Gig ram (free upgrade!)

15.4 inch screen (1280x 800)

1 year warranty

9 cell battery (up tp 5.5 hours)

Includes Delivery and VAT

Vista

That would play Sims 2 easily, and more recent games too.

£574

How's that?

A mac is just £100 more you know? It's not THAT much more expensive.

As you were . . .

yeh.. but all my sims games are for windows (like all my computer games)

i think ill just stick with windows and all for now

yeh.. but all my sims games are for windows (like all my computer games)

i think ill just stick with windows and all for now

Fair play *bites tongue not to mention boot camp and running windows on a mac*

Have fun in PC world (the metaphorical place, not the chain, which is quite possibly the worst tech shop i have ever been in) ^_^

Right, with a Dell Vostro (Click on the business section) you can get this:

Nvidia 8600M GT

2Ghz Core 2 Duo

3 Gig ram (free upgrade!)

15.4 inch screen (1280x 800)

1 year warranty

9 cell battery (up tp 5.5 hours)

Includes Delivery and VAT

Vista

That would play Sims 2 easily, and more recent games too.

£574

How's that?

here.. with that one there you can save 50 pounds when you take it to your basket :o

even better i say

One of my mates has a Vostro, they're great laptops. You won't go wrong if you end up buying one, and thats a really nice price too, especially seeing as delivery is free at the moment. Anyway, hope I've helped.

(Just remember it is £574, not the £489 it says at the first basket. That doesn't include VAT, total £574 one does.)

One of my mates has a Vostro, they're great laptops. You won't go wrong if you end up buying one, and thats a really nice price too, especially seeing as delivery is free at the moment. Anyway, hope I've helped.

(Just remember it is £574, not the £489 it says at the first basket. That doesn't include VAT, total £574 one does.)

yeh you have helped greatly - i told my dad and he didnt seem too shocked at the price hmm

hopefully he;ll pay half and so will i - means that i can pay him back slowwwwwly.. (cheaper than doing the monthly thing with dell :P)

edit: is this thing wireless? lol

yeh you have helped greatly - i told my dad and he didnt seem too shocked at the price hmm

hopefully he;ll pay half and so will i - means that i can pay him back slowwwwwly.. (cheaper than doing the monthly thing with dell :P)

lol, yeah the montly things with companies are rubbish and expensive. Seriously pointless because you end up spending way more. But thats a really great laptop, but I'd order it soonish if you're going to because offers might disappear. Oh and if you do order a vostro, when it goes to putting in your details, it asks for a business address, just put the same one you put down for home. :)

here - you can go on the ea games site... find the page about the sims 2 and they do a check to see if the computer can run the sims 2 ok :D

I can't find the page.

lol, yeah the montly things with companies are rubbish and expensive. Seriously pointless because you end up spending way more. But thats a really great laptop, but I'd order it soonish if you're going to because offers might disappear. Oh and if you do order a vostro, when it goes to putting in your details, it asks for a business address, just put the same one you put down for home. :)

right right - what vostro was it?

1000, 1200, 14000?

cause im confused :S

The go click with Vista or Xp. The click customise and go through it all with the options said. Ignore all the extras etc., and make sure you put the warranty down to 1 year and the card up to 8600.

I can't find the page.

http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/games/445,gen/

then on the right hand side of the page there is a "systen requirements" bit

click on the "can you run it" thing and it should tell u!

The go click with Vista or Xp. The click customise and go through it all with the options said. Ignore all the extras etc., and make sure you put the warranty down to 1 year and the card up to 8600.

so its this one :

BASE Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache) edit

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Business - English edit

HARDWARE SUPPORT Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support edit

LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display edit

INTEGRATED WEBCAM Matte Jet Black with 2.0 mega pixel camera edit

MEMORY 3072MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (1x1024 + 1x2048 MB) edit

HARD DRIVE 160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive edit

GRAPHICS CARD 256MB nVidia® GeForce® 8600M GT edit

OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive edit

PRIMARY BATTERY Free upgrade from 6 cell battery to 9 cell battery

Yeah, that should be £574 (Give or take) - it's a very good price, especially for 3 gig ram.

Yeah, that should be £574 (Give or take) - it's a very good price, especially for 3 gig ram.

£574.58

just have to try and convince dad (and me a bit) before the 16th :D

That is a brilliant buy! I can't believe how cheap laptops are getting these days!

well if u think its good :o

damn - all my student loan is going this month :(

so it'll work for games then? if thats the best im going to get then im definatly gettin git

well if u think its good :o

damn - all my student loan is going this month :(

so it'll work for games then? if thats the best im going to get then im definatly gettin git

The graphics card is good with battery life and plays most games well enough (At the time I bought it, it was one of the best new cards for a laptop with direx x 10 capabilities, I have it, and It's not failed me yet.) It obviously won't play Crysis at Max settings, but it will suit most peoples needs for general pc gaming. Also the 3gig ram will help. It's an awesome deal!

It's one of the best Mobile Graphics cards, i.e it's good with battery life and plays most games well enough (I have it, and It's not failed me yet.) It obviously won't play Crysis at Max settings, but it will suit most peoples needs for general pc gaming. Also the 3gig ram will help. It's an awesome deal!

the only games i play on the pc are sims 2 (woo) and old games like law and order, cluedo n c.s.i

so im very excited but i have to get my dads approval...lol :(

It has Aero, yes. But there are some differences.

Link

I.e DVD maker is not inlcuded, but that SUCKS anyway. And 3 new windows games aren't included.

the only games i play on the pc are sims 2 (woo) and old games like law and order, cluedo n c.s.i

so im very excited but i have to get my dads approval...lol :(

It'll play more than that if you want it to, it can handle anything out on the market to some extent. The 8600GT is a pretty powerfull card for a laptop to have, add in the 3GB RAM and the Core2Duo and you've got a reasonably powerfull gaming laptop there

Sign in to follow this