NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

London!

Bit harsh, I was giving practical advice. I spend a lot of time in London, and trust me, the Tube makes life a lot easier especially if you don't know your way around too well (as it sounds like you don't).

You think I don't know that? I made it pretty clear in my first post why we can't use the underground.

although going without the underground will be hard.. its not impossible. I hate the buses though. You could walk to a place faster than them.

Personally I'd recommend going to see something at the threatres. It may not be free, but some of the stuff in the london theatres are awesome.

Museums and art places are good for freebies but yeah, if you want to experience more than that, you will need to be willing to pay =/

Personally I'd recommend going to see something at the threatres. It may not be free, but some of the stuff in the london theatres are awesome.

That's the whole reason we're going down. :)

I'm taking Becca to see Hairspray (for her Christmas present) on the first night we're down there when we're there ourselves. The second night we're going to see Wicked when we meet our friends who are down there that day anyway.

Probably going to go to the Science Museum, possibly Madame Tussauds if we can get a good deal on the tickets.

When I was in London in October, I used the buses and they were a joy to use, and only £3.50 for a day ticket, but make sure you have exact change, as the machine won't take notes. Plenty of helpful people at the bus stops helped me get about too. The only mistake I made was to get on a correct bus, but on the wrong side of the road which resulted in me ending up in Hackney in the middle of the night, instead of Euston Station!

Late night Hackney ain't so bad.

Cheapest place for beer in the whole city for one thing.

If you're only staying in the centre of London, I mean zone 1 and the like, walking isn't a bad way to get around. The first time I went with college friends we managed to find ourselves in places we thought would take hours to get to. We wanted to find a certain street and we thought we were miles away but we just turned a few corners and we were there.

You can't put a price on your life though.

Meh, it isn't any more dangerous than any other part of London, unless you're a pimp or drug dealer stepping on somebodies toes.

Covent Garden at night almost always has good stuff happening :D

The last time I was there, there was strange russian poetry reading, but everyone perfoming was drunk - and there are good buskers too!

- from Letty

Ah, the magical city of London where all your dreams come true and the pavements is paved with gold.

Or it's just like any other city. :V

Everyone's said what I'd reccomend, though if any of you smoke, there's a rather nice tobacconist just off leicester square which I can tell you how to get to if you need it.

I'm pretty sure Science museum is paying for adults (not sure what counts as an adult)

It's free as are most of the museums. You just have to pay for certain exhibitions if they are on.

Covent Garden at night almost always has good stuff happening :D

The last time I was there, there was strange russian poetry reading, but everyone perfoming was drunk - and there are good buskers too!

- from Letty

Yeah I would recommend hanging out in Covent Garden. Or heading off to leicester square and piccadilly for trocedero etc etc

I also recommend Covent Garden and then going to Leicester Square. It's what I did on my full day of London and it was good fun.

Sign in to follow this