N-Europe

Yes, yes I know we have an MP3 player thread (help plz)

Guest Jordan

Okay so. I know we have an mp3 player thread but its been inactive for a while.

I have 3 choices for a new player:

Zune 8gb (£107 off ebay)

Zen 8gb (around £99.99)

or Samsung YP-P2JAB/XEU (4gb, around £107)

Now, the Samsung is by far the better player in terms of interface, but it only runs .wmv. The Zune can run .avi when hacked and the Zen supports every format under the sun.

I really can't decide which to buy. Its given the Creative is the cheapest, has the best sound, but the GUI is out dated and the screen is quite small. The Zune and Samsung both have 16:9 widescreen displays when flipped and but are more expensive. The Zune also has wireless syncing, which i'd probably end up using.

I really can't decide. Any ideas? :(

*cough* ipod *cough*

Yeah the samsung is pretty and everything, but would you be happy with 4gig?

If you won't have a problem with 4gig then I say the samsung, if you do need space, go for the Zune.

At the end of the day, you want it to listen to music on the go right? The novelty will wear off with the samsung one, and you will be left with half of the memory you could have had.

Hope that helps....also could anyone help me in my cam thread?

Based on CNET reviews. The samsung's touch screen isn't always responsive, the Zen seems fairly flawless (although apparently it has to self convert .wmv's thus can't play all formats... and the SD slot's library is seperate from the main memory and the Zune is well, a Zune.

I'm really torn here between the Zune and Zen, its going to come down to price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microsoft-Zune-8GB-Black-BRAND-NEW-SEALED_W0QQitemZ250197096355QQihZ015QQcategoryZ73839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem < Zune £115 (+Delivery)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Creative-ZEN-Digital-player-radio-flash-8GB-WMA-AAC_W0QQitemZ360003847468QQihZ023QQcategoryZ73839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem < Zen £111 (+ Delivery)

Vat will be charged on the final price @ 17.5% and we will supply VAT Invoice

hmm, bit sneaky imo, brings the price of that Zen up a bit and then another £8 for postage. £130? The seller's having a laugh!

Cheaper at Dabs and Pixmania

I noticed that VAT bull shit on Ebay yesterday. Cheeky as fucking shit and shouldnt be allowed.

My MP3 player is a Samsung (not the same player) and I wouldnt massively recommend it. Connectivity to the PC and actually getting music onto it is flawed, and often has errors (on both I tried...1st had to be sent back for a different reason)

Well, I bought the Zune. I can't use my gamercard however, which is a shame since the Zune isn't out in the UK yet.

Ah well, its not really a major feature for me. Hopefully it'll be here on Monday :)

Thanks for your help guys *locked*