NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Baroque

I'm surprised people are interested in this actually, I think it looks pretty awful. Is this just RPG desperation? Or does Baroque have some merits?

I know this doesn't matter greatly to most but the graphics are absolutely awful too which is quite often indicative of a lack of overall effort.

Graphics are so-so, I just thought the concept and story sounded interesting that's all, and I don;t own a game like this.

I'm surprised people are interested in this actually, I think it looks pretty awful. Is this just RPG desperation? Or does Baroque have some merits?

I know this doesn't matter greatly to most but the graphics are absolutely awful too which is quite often indicative of a lack of overall effort.

That might be because the game is afterall PS2 remake and the PS2 didn't have that great graphics...

However, it is a rogue-like RPG and that is different from normal RPGs anyway.

You either like them or not...

The more I read about this game the more I want to have a go at it, but equally I'm put off by the broken and confusing story. The concept seems so interesting, especially the dying to advance the story.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I would like to point out the game can now be found for £6.99 at Gameplay and Game.

It's not a game for everybody, but for fans of the genre it's certainly worth checking it out, especially for this price.

If it wasn't an RPG and it didn't get such sub-par reviews, I'd buy it. :heh: