N-Europe

Keyboard (Musical)

Daft

I can't really lug my (crappy) piano around when I move out from home. I'm a bit clueless about electric keyboards and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or advice into what I should look for.

I'm not really sure how much I want to spend...probably not over £500 but ya never know...

Any of the Yamaha PSR 6000 upwards series. I would heartily recommend the PSR9000 for it's all-round amazingness!

I always stick with Yamaha keyboards. The new TYROS kb's are pretty special too but I would say the PSR 9000 (or pro) are the best for sound quality. prices range from £300--£600.

Ebay may be the best place but there are plenty of stores still selling this amazing keyboard.

A keyboard with some sort of drive to allow you to save a composition is always a good way to go. Back when I used to play music at GCSE having the ability to save my seven section music piece was a godsend. So I don't know how far the technology has moved on but if it came with a memory or usb stick saving function it could help you out a bit.

I've been searching for the PSR9000, nice impressive name, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding it. Is that its exact name? How much is it roughly? Is it an older model? Do you know any online retailers? Or am I just being a muppet?

Its the name yes. There is a pro version but it doesn't have in built speakers. The 9000 has a floppy disk drive for exporting midi format of your tunes and wav. recording is also possible. There is a mic imput and this gives you the ability to change your voice! (It's awesome).

Oh, maybe Ebay could be your best bet...

Dolphin Music are pretty good and I'm sure they deliver...

There website doesn't seem to have it listed but they deffo have them in the metro centre store. The website (and thus phone number) is here:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk

No that's in the "s" bracket. A "new" keyboard offering USB saving features rather than floppy disk (and costing £500 more for the benefit)

Ah, cool, thanks for clearing that up!! I think I'm going to go on a little search around London and see if I can't find one and try it out!

Thanks for all the help!! : peace: