NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Apple_NdiB

Have I done the right thing?

My hard drive has been filling up quicker than I'd have like it to, so I've been on a mad deleting spree to try and save space. This includes all of my old Nvidia drivers for my graphics card, all of course except for the latest beta drivers (163.75). After I'd done this it occured to me that all the updates are around the same size, which made me think that by deleting them I've lost the benefits that the previous updates brought. I can't seem to find these drivers on the Nvidia website, and If I'd just bought my PC then I'd never have been able to find them anyway, my question is, will I need to track the older 163 drivers down or am I as up-to-date as I need to be?

My hard drive has been filling up quicker than I'd have like it to, so I've been on a mad deleting spree to try and save space. This includes all of my old Nvidia drivers for my graphics card, all of course except for the latest beta drivers (163.75). After I'd done this it occured to me that all the updates are around the same size, which made me think that by deleting them I've lost the benefits that the previous updates brought. I can't seem to find these drivers on the Nvidia website, and If I'd just bought my PC then I'd never have been able to find them anyway, my question is, will I need to track the older 163 drivers down or am I as up-to-date as I need to be?

Old drivers will always contain the old updates in them. Hence why you are suppose to uninstall the old one's before installing the new one's.

Old drivers will always contain the old updates in them. Hence why you are suppose to uninstall the old one's before installing the new one's.

Aah, so how do they fit all of the old stuff as well and keep the file size roughly the same? Or are the modifications tiny in terms of how much room they take up on the hard drive (forgive my lack of technical expertise)?

I think he made a mistake. What I think he means is:

NEW drivers will always contain the old updates in them. Hence why you are suppose to uninstall the old one's before installing the new one's.

If you're talking about deleting the files that the Nvidia driver installer puts in your C:\Nvidia folder, then you can delete all the older files if you want.

I think he made a mistake. What I think he means is:

NEW drivers will always contain the old updates in them. Hence why you are suppose to uninstall the old one's before installing the new one's.

If you're talking about deleting the files that the Nvidia driver installer puts in your C:\Nvidia folder, then you can delete all the older files if you want.

That's okay, that's what I assumed he meant.

Sign in to follow this