N-Europe

Having Trouble reformatting

Shyguy

I recently got my computer upgraded, and when i went to formatt it it gets stuck during the setup, saying stuff like "Setup cannot load this file" during formatting, its really irritating me since i had to pay a guy to install it for me last time (when it was his fault in the first place since he is the one that caused it with the upgrade) and now my computer failed (think i got a virus, im unsure but none of my programs would load)

so im stuck with no PC atm (luckily im at my dads)

please can some1 help me with this problem before i have to spend more money trying to get it fixed

The windows install disk is too scratched or dirty. You can try cleaning the disk but if the problem is scratches then you could try skipping the files that give problems (there's an option to) and hope that nothing vital is in the scratched part.

I figure that microsoft would send you a new disk if you have a valid license key for free or maybe a small fee but this is a complete guess - I don't really know.

thanks for the help it wasnt that my disk was scratched, there must be something wrong with with my main CD drive since it installed perfectly on my other CD drive, shame the guy didint tell me that it would work ok in the other drive

thanks anyway :)

now to download wow for 2 days lol

I had the same sort of problem with my brother's pc. The cd drive was very slow and ended up missing files quite often. To fix it I held down the enter key and stuck a penny inbetween it. 10 hours later windows xp professional. He has since screwed it up and his hard drive has become invisible to the bios.