NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darkjak

Shenmue Survey

Have you once played the original Shenmue for the Dreamcast?

Then you might be able to help me.

I am currently studying videogame development at the University of Skövde, and in game analysis class I'm currently analysing the commercial failure of Shenmue.

I have set up a survey, to collect data, so I wonder if you could contribute a bit...

http://survey.2ask.net/e470e59e94995f18/survey.html

Thank you on beforehand.

I was expecting a thread advertising some online petition :indeed:

Though I haven't played Shenmue, so I can help, sorry.

It was a commercial failure because the Dreamcast sold shit, that Sega had also dragged it from the Saturn to the Dreamcast, and in the process putting the costs up to stupid levels while also having a really bad schedule which should have been addressed before or during pre-production.

As far as I was aware it sold decent numbers considering the Dreamcast install base. But it never had a hope in hell of recouping development costs.

It was a commercial failure because the Dreamcast sold shit, that Sega had also dragged it from the Saturn to the Dreamcast, and in the process putting the costs up to stupid levels while also having a really bad schedule which should have been addressed before or during pre-production.

As far as I was aware it sold decent numbers considering the Dreamcast install base. But it never had a hope in hell of recouping development costs.

Yeah, thats about right.

Sega also advertised the Dreamcast and it's games about 3 times as well, so most people don't even know what it is.

I love the Dreamcast though. It's one console I don't ever want to get rid of.

Sign in to follow this