N-Europe

RPG Maker Topic

Sheikah

Has anyone used RPG Maker before? I've started projects on 2k, 2k3 and then XP versions (gotta love XP). I've never really got round to finishing any of them but safe to say I've gotten pretty far on my XP project.

I love the idea of being able to make your own game, your own panoramic backgrounds and customize the special effects and sorts. The XP project I was doing was based on forumers from another forum, as a result it gathered a lot of support on there. Some pics:

globe.jpg

evilsq2.jpg

kitchentv5.jpg

So has anyone else tried around with RPG Maker? Would love to hear it. :)

I spent hours messing around with RPG Maker '95 and 2k. I never really made anything interesting in the former, but 2000 opened up a lot of possibilities once I got stuck into using variables.

Unfortunately I'm something of a perfectionist so I never got very far. A lot of my time was spent adding extraneous depth to the environment, such as having footfalls sound different across varying surfaces and several descriptions for most objects. In fact I had a hallway that was set in a tower block and the game would randomly select a reason from a pool of 20-odd as to why the character wouldn't go down the hall.

I've tried to make something on RPG Maker 2k3. But it was awful, the whole menu and how it generally works is terrible. By this time next year I should be able to make something better than an RPG Maker game without using said program.

In all my bitterness of the program, its not bad for people to try something with if you've got patience.