N-Europe

Things you take for granted

Dog-amoto

I'll quote you for truth, I love living in England, there may be some bad points but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Only because everywhere sucks. Here's just luckier to suck a bit less; you'd think if the Govt. had a brain between them the country wouldn't though.

I was having a chat with my mate the other day, we're both approaching 30 and we were talking about how much technology and life has changed in the last 10-15 years or so.

One example is, when I was at school and you wanted to ring your friends, you had to use their home phone. This was especially scary when you asked a girl for her phone number and you dreaded ringing just in case her overprotective dad answered!!

Mobile phones were not popular (they were still a yuppie thing) the internet did not exist, so no MSN etc. You had to go to the library for your research for your schoolwork, whereas nowadays, you can mostly use the web and if you were stuck on a game, you were buggered, unless your mate had already done it. I remember there was a section in a games magazine I used to buy and it was people listing the games they've finished so you could write to them asking for help, which I think I used once - snail mail of course!!

Yes, I'm probably sounding like somebody's parents ("we didn't have that in my day") which is pathetic cos I'm not that old, but my question is what things could you not do without in your life and what would you do if they were taken away from you?

Heh, I'm only just gone 20 and yet I was recently having the exact same conversation with my friend, mobiles only became more popular with the whole pay as you go revolution around year 10, before them and at the beginning things were so different. Just turning up at a mate's house and knocking on their door to see if they wanted to come out or not, sometimes ringing up on their house phone beforehand but usually not. Now, you wanna try and arrange anything it's all with texts and shit, and everyone's just damn lazy! Nobody wants to go if nobody's going, and nobody goes because nobody wants to go...