NEurope

Eep it's quite hard to explain but I'll give it a shot.

CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, is where you list a bunch of styles, for example widths, colours, fonts, positions, and assign them all under one header. Then using html you link tables, fonts, paragraphs, divs etc to those styles.

For example, if I put this in a CSS page (or included it in the header of a page of html):

#somebox {
 position: fixed; 
 color: #E5E4F3;
 background-color: #000000;
 width:100%;
 height:25px;
 font-size: 10px;
 }

Then linked that CSS file to a html page and gave a class to a tag like this:

<div class="somebox" />

That div would have the features I put in my CSS page. The advantages are:

1. Codes not all visible within html source (can't be stolen)

2. Style can be applied to lots of different boxes

3. Sites can have "themes" where you simply point to a different CSS file.

4. Code does not need repeating for every item with the same style, saving loading.

It's been a long time since I coded anything with CSS, at least a year, so my explanation might be a little lacking, here's a wiki entry:

Wikipedia reference-linkCascading Style Sheets

and a good place to start learning:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

is it possible to make a user cp section with it or make a custom skin or a award system with it?

is it possible to make a user cp section with it or make a custom skin or a award system with it?

A custom skin would be something very much suited to it, provided the 'hooks' were there - if you had a default page that just used plain tables, for example, the inclusion of a stylesheet detailing what to do with tables would make drastic changed instantly.

A custom skin would be something very much suited to it, provided the 'hooks' were there - if you had a default page that just used plain tables, for example, the inclusion of a stylesheet detailing what to do with tables would make drastic changed instantly.

how would i do it though or the other thing

It wouldn't be particularly easy, if you don't have any knowledge of html at all you need to start small, and use something like dreamweaver. You need to know html before you get on to CSS, or at least learn them at the same time, use w3schools (linked in my previous post) to learn, or just try like I did through trial and error.

If you're interested in making yourself a serious site but don't have any coding knowledge, you might be better off paying someone else to do the code, it can be done quite cheap if you look in the right places.

As for a user CP, no, that's not something that can be done with CSS alone. CSS is all about the look of something, not the functionality. User control panels require knowledge of php (or similar) and databases (like mysql).

your site is that wii site that you posted about before right,

css would mostly be used for the colors in the skin you were designing but it does anything from fonts to custom cursors.

what program did you build your site in. you can use dreamweaver to change the css without looking at the code at all

css has very simple code so you shouldn't have to hire a profecional developer for that but for a user control pannel you probably will