NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

More from Hideo Kojima on Revolution

In a recent interview conducted by Spanish site MeriStation, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima discussed further thoughts about Nintendo's next-generation console and touched on when we can expect more news concerning his Revolution projects (Note: rough translation provided).

MeriStation: We saw statements (from [Nintendo President] Satoru Iwata's video conference) about the Nintendo Revolution controller. Has it been tested already? What opinion do you have of it? Do you have some ideas for future games?

Hideo Kojima: As the creator, my work is to create original and intuitive games, giving importance to the experience of gameplay. Therefore, innovation is very important. I believe the step has given Nintendo, in order to approach video games to a currently non-casual gamer public, has been huge. I have a couple of ideas to the ones that go through my head when I'm able, but of course, I cannot say anything. You will have news very soon.

Kojima is scheduled to speak at the Video Game Symposium on December 2nd of this year, immediately following Nintendo Game Designer Shigeru Miyamoto’s speech.

Source: http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/156

In a recent interview conducted by Spanish site MeriStation, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima discussed further thoughts about Nintendo's next-generation console and touched on when we can expect more news concerning his Revolution projects (Note: rough translation provided).

MeriStation: We saw statements (from [Nintendo President] Satoru Iwata's video conference) about the Nintendo Revolution controller. Has it been tested already? What opinion do you have of it? Do you have some ideas for future games?

Hideo Kojima: As the creator, my work is to create original and intuitive games, giving importance to the experience of gameplay. Therefore, innovation is very important. I believe the step has given Nintendo, in order to approach video games to a currently non-casual gamer public, has been huge. I have a couple of ideas to the ones that go through my head when I'm able, but of course, I cannot say anything. You will have news very soon.

Kojima is scheduled to speak at the Video Game Symposium on December 2nd of this year, immediately following Nintendo Game Designer Shigeru Miyamoto’s speech.

Source: http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/156

Thanks for that info Stocka, I would missed that! Didn't realise that Rev Report updated on the weekends

OOOO....A Miyamoto speech.....The rest of the Revolution secrets?!?

I'm sure we'll find out some stuff, but I expect them to hold some screts till E3 too.

i recon miyamoto will give us a tech demo of mario 128

Nah, that'd be old, remember the 128 mario's for gamecube's tech demo? They need something new.

Just a message to those who will think 128 will be revealed any other time than E3, your wrong. 128 is E3 highlighting material.

Nah, that'd be old, remember the 128 mario's for gamecube's tech demo? They need something new.

Just a message to those who will think 128 will be revealed any other time than E3, your wrong. 128 is E3 highlighting material.

We will see Mario 128 before E3 2006.

And there will be new Revolution info coming November, and also some things in December.

Hopefully we'll hear info soon, I think the next thing they'll realese is the real name. Then the first game screenshots/trailer. Possibly Mario 128 but I reckon it's going to be Metroid 3, to showcase the controller and I think Nintendo are hoping that the Metroid series is gonna take off big style.

it wouldn't be old as the game has totally been reworked. By tech demo i mean an actual level of the game running with miyamoto playing showcasin how the controller can be used as a few months ago he said the game has been designed around the contoller "revolotion feature".

i don;t think Metroid 3 will be a good game to show as everone can imagine how the controller will work in an FPS style game but i can't imagine how a platform game will work.

Metroid 3 will be good to show of graphics but not gameplay.

From what I hear Nintendo will unveil the final name, final controller design along with the shell, and most likely the specs also. And I wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto is the one to unveil the controller in Dec.

If the other threads to be believed, we won't see any games in 2005 - so i guess if that's correct and everything, we won't see anything here...ah man hopefully that info should be enough to keep me happy!

There is a rumor that Kojima is working on 2 titles right now for the revolution with one being a classic Nintendo franchise

Sign in to follow this