NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

PS3 Price cut in Europe *update*

I am to, but think I will leave it till next year once all of the Big 3 are out for the Wii as well as Batallion Wars 2, Paper Mario and Resident Evil:UC then I can't think what else I will want to buy so will need another console to keep me occupied...

I think Sony are making some of the right moves, I think they have been humbled by the poor sales so far and at the moment and are coming back abit and atleast with PS3 you know they will be supporting it for much longer than the usual console lifespan.

I refuse to buy a 360 with so many faulties knocking about.

I refuse to buy a 360 with so many faulties knocking about.

I wouldn't worry about that, all 360s now come with a 3 years warranty (covering the replacement and shipping costs.) if you suffer the red ring of death. Apparently they've finally got off their arses and have started loading them up with proper some heatsinks. I'm buying one as soon as I'm sure I can afford one.

Bastard my brother now wants a PS3.

He comes in my room asking me when I think the PS3 will go down in price.

I want one..grr.

This reminds me of Petrol prices.... it's stupidly hight for most of the year, then when a superstore knocks a few pence of the price every goes wild and buys a load, even though the new price is still way too expensive compared to other countries. Good marketing strategy I guess.

One of the reasons why they were losing so much money on it in the first place was because of difficulties relating to one of the diodes for the blu-ray something or other. This was pushing the price of production up. Sony have now sorted this problem out meaning that they can lower the price without making any bigger loss (I think that they are actually losing less money with the price drop and the cheaper production than they were before).

Yeah any console is more expensive to manufacture at the beginning, eventually the costs will drop.

Yeah any console is more expensive to manufacture at the beginning, eventually the costs will drop.

But I think this drop is quite substantial when compared to your general production cost decreases over the coarse of a consoles lifetime, which is why this price drop can be justified and why it isn't desperation.

Sign in to follow this