NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

A question on Blu-Ray disks and HD DVDs

Well I have decided that I'm going to start buying HD DVDs, and Blu-Ray disks... I realize that in order to get all movies I want I'll sadly have to invest in both... Best solution I see is to buy the HD DVD drive for the X360 and buy the PS3. However while browsing Amazon some movies I really enjoy (Such as the Italian Job) are out for both Blu-Ray and HD DVD.

So which would be best to buy? There both $20 probably could find cheaper even. Spec wise the Blu-Ray disk seems to be a little better than the HD DVD disks. But I really have no clue at all. Is there a quality difference at all. I doubt it since they both display at 1080p but maybe...

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

I doesn't really matter, the only difference is that Blu Ray have scratch proof disks and blue box's.

EDIT: Actually i think Blu Ray has better audio too.

Seiously wait a year. otherwise your likely your throwing your money away.

Thats what I was originally planning to do, but with buying my new tv to finally display my X360 in 1080p, it got me excited. Then I started browsing Amazon for some HD DVDs and realized a lot of movies I really like came out for Blu-Ray. So I thought well I'll have to get a PS3 at one point I suppose... Might as well now. And if Blu-ray wins for example they aren't going to remake all the HD DVDs for Blu-Ray will they?

Scratch proof disks, I like that. Better Audio as well, I see I will be buying Blu-Ray then thanks Caris!

And how do old movies (Such as Billy Madison, 1995) look on HD DVD/Blu-Ray?

They will just look like upscalled DVDs i presume.

Better than that.

Fo real brother.

They digitally re master them then put them onto disk.

Fo real brother.

Oh word, thats hot.

Fo real brother.

That is awesome.

Well I made a list of all the movies I want for HD DVD and Blu Ray and it came out to.

34 movies for $744 off Amazon... Yikes.

there's not really many differences between the BD and HDDVD versions of the discs, so I'd go with whichever you can get cheaper ;)

dvdpacific.com are supposed to be quite good from what I've heard, not used them yet myself though ;)

Sign in to follow this