NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
eel

Transferring virtual console data to a new console

I've been asking for a lot of help and advice recently so I apologise if my threads have become a besetment to some. But my wii cooked itself to near death and it's about to be replace. Game said they would easily replace it for me and I'd much rather prefer this to mailing it off to nintendo.

However, the problem is I have about £100 worth of virtual console games and I do not want to lose them. Is there any way I could transfer all my data, games and saves using an sd to my new console: like hooking the new console up to my nintendo.com profile?

Many thanks to any advice given :)

I don't think so mate. If you want to keep all your stuff, you'd have to go with the Ninty option.

You could ask Game to sort it out with Nintendo.

I know if you send it off to Nintendo, they will sort out your profile for VC games.

Back up your saves. And say goodbye to your Miis (and therefore Wii Sports/Play & Wario Ware profiles)

You could ask Game to sort it out with Nintendo.

I know if you send it off to Nintendo, they will sort out your profile for VC games.

Back up your saves. And say goodbye to your Miis (and therefore Wii Sports/Play & Wario Ware profiles)

Can you not store your Mii on a Wiimote then just transfer it back to the new console?

Can you not store your Mii on a Wiimote then just transfer it back to the new console?

True - You can keep 11*[No of Remotes] Miis. Just not the game profiles.

my wii is with nintendo at the moment and i think i'll get a replacement unit. the only beef with the mii's is that the new wii will treat them like wiis made by another user, and therefore won't allow you to edit them. not a biggie, but a bit annoying.

Question for GMC; How much did the P&P for the wii (in the box, I assume) come to?

eel - it was £19 pounds to send it. that inlcuded sending the ac adaptor in the same box. its quite steep considering i had to pay it and its a potential manufacturing fault. if it turns out to be such a fault, i'll be on the phone complaining that i'm out of pocket!

my wii is with nintendo at the moment and i think i'll get a replacement unit. the only beef with the mii's is that the new wii will treat them like wiis made by another user, and therefore won't allow you to edit them. not a biggie, but a bit annoying.

Yeah I lost my all my stuff, one thing, you have to redownload your VC games but you have to update your console first before they appear in the Shop Channel as having already been downloaded. Plus if you've got Warioware and saved your mii you used put it back on your Wii and you won't lose your progress, unfortunatly the same doesn't apply to Wii Sports or Wii Play...Also one final thing, you have to start every game and create a save file on you Wii and then delete it before you can copy the backed up one onto the Wii, it won't let you, saying you have to have played the game and created a save file before you can copy others onto the system...

eel - it was £19 pounds to send it. that inlcuded sending the ac adaptor in the same box. its quite steep considering i had to pay it and its a potential manufacturing fault. if it turns out to be such a fault, i'll be on the phone complaining that i'm out of pocket!

£19?!!! It cost me well less than that, how come they asked you to send the AC Adaptor?

One thing if you kick off enough about the postage they will actually send a courier the same day, the second time my Wii didn't work, I was fuming so they sent Parcelforce out to me and they were there within a couple of hours... They won't refund the money retrospectively though, i tried to get my postage costs from the first time I sent it off , even just asked for it as Wii Points but they wouldn't do it, so good luck trying to get the money back...

unfortunatly the same doesn't apply to Wii Sports or Wii Play

oh crap. goodbye high scores then.

...Also one final thing, you have to start every game and create a save file on you Wii and then delete it before you can copy the backed up one onto the Wii, it won't let you, saying you have to have played the game and created a save file before you can copy others onto the system...

good to know, cheers.

£19?!!! It cost me well less than that, how come they asked you to send the AC Adaptor?

they wanted the adaptor as they said it may be a problem with the power input. sounds like crap to me, but i sent it in anyways. 19 quid was nasty. it was sent recorded delivery (or special, cant remember, my girlfriend posted it). maybe the adaptor pushed up the price? it is quite heavy compared to the wii.

They won't refund the money retrospectively though, i tried to get my postage costs from the first time I sent it off , even just asked for it as Wii Points but they wouldn't do it, so good luck trying to get the money back...

thats a p!sser. i hope i dont get screwed on this... but i probably will. :angry:

BOL.

Your entire summer was based around playing Wii during a drought of games?

Jesus Christ, GO OUTSIDE.

Yeah this ain't Gamefaqs.com, no random flaming at people.

If they wanna game all summer, like i have in the past, sweet memories! Then let them.

BOL.

Your entire summer was based around playing Wii during a drought of games?

Jesus Christ, GO OUTSIDE.

It was a personal joke. In the same week both my wii and ds have broken equating to a pile of hassle and a rather hefty, meaningless hole in my pocket. I'm out of money and this is what has initially ruined the start of my summer as I had other plans for it; i.e; An Erol Alkan gig on Friday.

So, speedfreaks; fook aff :)

And Jordan, thank for sticking up for me. I lurv yhoo :love:

eel, i too am ds-less and wii-less. both of mine are off to nintendo (ds lite has the cracked hinge problem). just bought 42-all time classics as well. and ive just ordered metal slug off play.com. really itching to play some games!

Yaya, Resident evil on friday and my m3 simply arriving soon is more than a kick in the teeth :(

I wouldn't worry I got my Wii back in 3 to 4 days...

did they contact you about it first or did it just appear at your door with an IV drip and plaster cast on its leg?

**UPDATE***

just completed a lunch-hour drive to the post office and house. wii and ds are now back - i was given new units. nintendo help line said that when i connect the wii to the net, it should have my points and games available for download as "they will have changed over your account". if all is not as promised, they said to call back and they will enable the 'free' downloads for me.

on the refund issue, the bloke said that the nintendo return policy is that they will repair and return, but it is our responsibilty as consumers to get the units to them. He said that nintendo have an agreement with argos that that argos will return the console for free on behalf on the customer within the first year (if you bought the unit at argos), but apart from that, its the customers responsibility.

He did say that nintendo are considering changing this and advised me to write a letter to their HQ. Im unsure about how effective this is or if he was just throwing me lines, but i think i'll write anyway.

On the mii issue - i might just start again, the only games ones that i have that use them are sports, play, and wario. play and wario are easy, and maybe its an excuse to start playing sports seriously again. Strikers uses it too, but losing my online stats for that would be a bonus!

Sign in to follow this