NEurope
Nintendohnut

European Nintendo site changes?

Well I just checked on the Nintendo Europe and got an 'under construction' message. What with all the emails that have been going round with their new privacy policy I'm wondering whether this is the start of a bit of a redesign? Or just adding new features of the next few weeks?

The fact that if you don't agree to the new policy may hint at a whole new site? Or is it really just adding Wii points to the Stars catalogue?

Discuss what you would like to see on a new site, what annoys you about the current one, what you think might be happening in a deep basement in the online department of Nintendo Europe HQ. Go for it. Personally I've never like the colours, I think the black and white American one is nicer, and if I could read the Japanese I would probably like that one too. I'm hoping for a complete redesign personally, keeping a few of the functions. What do you think?

Well I just checked on the Nintendo Europe and got an 'under construction' message. What with all the emails that have been going round with their new privacy policy I'm wondering whether this is the start of a bit of a redesign? Or just adding new features of the next few weeks?

The fact that if you don't agree to the new policy may hint at a whole new site? Or is it really just adding Wii points to the Stars catalogue?

Discuss what you would like to see on a new site, what annoys you about the current one, what you think might be happening in a deep basement in the online department of Nintendo Europe HQ. Go for it. Personally I've never like the colours, I think the black and white American one is nicer, and if I could read the Japanese I would probably like that one too. I'm hoping for a complete redesign personally, keeping a few of the functions. What do you think?

I hope they are rebranding it similar to the US site or even better streamline it into a Wii type design.

They're forums need to be updated and laid out in a much more easier-to-navigate format and they just need a better looking site.

Well here's the quote:

No need to panic, we'll be back soon!

Our website won't be available for a couple of hours, as we're currently arranging some technical modifications.

We would like to ask you for your understanding at this time; we're looking forward to welcoming you back to the site shortly, when we'll be able to provide you with all the latest news about the world of Nintendo.

I bet its nothing that we will notice, don't think it will be wii points for stars...think that won't happen till after 15th july the cut off point for people to accept the new agreement..

the site always goes down around midnight every day, so it may just be nothing

the site always goes down around midnight every day, so it will just be nothing

Fixed it for you.

I think it has a crap design. It is a joke compared to the Japanese site. I think they deliberatly crappified it so that nobody would make them pay for servers.

Well it's 2am and the site is working fine for me and there doesn't appear to be any notable changes.

I think I read somewhere that the site is going to be redesigned soon. Hopefully because they´ve had that same design as long as I can remember. :hmm:

I kinda like the simple design of Nintendo Finland btw.