NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Aonuma

A link To The Future. ZELDA REBOOT?

oh i see. so more of a story driven adventure? I think Tps story was ok. i mean ok its no MGS in terms of story telling but its still quite good.

you see, i think we both wanted that kinda war thing. But how dose that fair to gameplay? I mean then it would be a war theme, and there is no real theme to war. ya know? its just war. Or not maybe you justed wanted that as part of the story? well yeah ok.

I liked the theme of Wind and sea. i loved WW.

and i loved Time travel in OOT and MM.

Tp theme...? well there is a bunch of stuff in there.( the wolf mechanic is not the overall theme bty.)

thats how they do it i think. they pick a theme and a gameplay mechanic to match it and build the storyline around it.

Zelda isn't about the story. You can sum that up in 5 mins.

It's about atmosphere and gameplay. =D

You're very wrong, if you look into it it it's actually very complex. No Metal Gear, but still.

This guy is right.

Zelda is about perfectly balanced gameplay, a well paced challenge reward mechanic and most importantly (since this is the reason Miyamoto invented the concept) adventure.

Story has become somewhat of an afterthought. The (admittedly) is quite decent, and I like delving into it myself, but most of that is actually out of the game speculation. The story itslef in Zelda is very subtle, and is used to support the atmosphere of the game. Afterall most of the stories are still just "save the princess, save the world" (pop culture reference).

I wouldn't mind a Zelda game where it's just Link, I am starting to get sick of the whole partner thing in Zelda at the moment -_-'

yeah i agree. Zelda isnt really about story telling.

they pick a theme or gameplay mechanic and them build a story around it.

Thats how they have always done it.

Zelda isn't about the story, but there is one and it's interesting because it leaves music and it's interesting because it leaves much things open for speculation..

TP = 'OOT Lite' with better graphics.

By Lite do you mean bigger in almost if not every aspect?

By Lite do you mean bigger in almost if not every aspect?

No I mean, 'TP Lite' as in it tried to be as fun, magical, interesting as OOT and failed. In my opinion of course.

I could have called it MM Lite or WW Lite but TP was trying so hard to be like Ocarina, it seemed to fit better.

No I mean, 'TP Lite' as in it tried to be as fun, magical, interesting as OOT and failed. In my opinion of course.

I could have called it MM Lite or WW Lite but TP was trying so hard to be like Ocarina, it seemed to fit better.

I don't think it was trying to be ocarina at all. I mean, it rejected the musical aspect (only a little howling), it was from the MM timeline, most of the minigames and sidequests were completely different, people just say that because they're both realistic and with an adult Link. For example, the temple structure is very different and the twilight zones also make the game completely unlike OoT. Not to mention Wolf Link and Midna.

Obviously I'm not suggesting TP is EXACTLY the same as OOT, but look at the facts: Adult Link, Hyrule on land, Temple of Time, Hyrule Castle Town, Kakariko Village, 3 temples followed by 5, Lake Hylia, Epona, Ganon, Hyrule Castle taken over by Ganon.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing that it copied the OOT formula, after all that is the main structure to most Zelda games. I'm just saying it did it badly imo.

It didn't copy the OoT formula at all. It copied the A Link To The Past formula if any.

I think if you go back and look at some OOT or MM beta vids you might find some surprises. There are things in those vids that have only made it more recently to zelda games. That might be some kinda indication as to what we might expect in a future Zelda game. The grass weed thing in TP, well that was in OOT first it seems,and then they must have cut it.

I don't think you even understand the word "Lite". "Lite" doesn't mean a failure to imitate something, it means a cut-down version of something. TP isn't OoT Lite, if anything it's OoT Deluxe.

Not that I care, MM was a better game anyway.

All Zeldas have things in common, it makes sense that they have the same locations since it's in the same world. Also, oh no, it has a horse too!

All Zeldas have things in common, it makes sense that they have the same locations since it's in the same world. Also, oh no, it has a horse too!

which makes me wonder what they were thinking inmario sunshine. maybe link can take a holiday

which makes me wonder what they were thinking inmario sunshine. maybe link can take a holiday

The Legend of Zelda: The Seashell of Nudism

pretty cool gonintendo members fan made CG film, watch some ill informed games site getting the scoop on this as the next Zelda game!

Sign in to follow this