N-Europe

Help! How do I connect my hifi speakers to my PC??

Slaggis

My hifi speakers have normal speaker cable connecter things on the back of them. How do I connect these to My pc?

Or how do I connect my Hifi itself to the PC? That has Aux in and AUX out holes on it.

Which is easy? bare in mind I just have an on-board sound card, which has 6 holes at the back of it for different things, (they all look the same size).

can anyone help me, please!

I should imagine a simple 3.5mm(kind of headphones) stereo to stereo jack could be used to connect it to the AUX of your hifi, depending on the hifi(might need one of those enlarger thingies though). Alternatively, you can get a 3.5mm stereo to phono(like two plugs red and white, the kind you get on composite leads) which may be able to plug into your hifi. I don't actually know if I've called these by their correct names, so forgive me. Alternatively, there's this that I found with a quick google search, it involves some mutilation and teeny work on your part.

http://www.zyra.org.uk/pc-ls2.htm

My advice would be to run it through the hifi itself though, I imagine you'd get better sound, and you can also control the volume through there too. As for where you plug it in on the sound card, it's either the one the speakers are in, or line out, I think.