NEurope
Din

Metroid Prime

he means prime is by your logic is the best this gen game. but it really should be called last gen. Cmon the way i see it this gen is the 360,ps3 and wii

That's what I meant :) For the PS2, XBOX GC generation I would rate Prime as the best game.

For the Wii, PS3, 360 generation I think the best game so far would be Zelda or Gears of War.

Finally finished it, it took me 3 tries on Omega, 6 on Ridley, but only 2 on Prime. And when I beat it I had 7 Energy Tanks left.

And I found a store that still had Echoes, so I´ll try that as well. Mostly so I can say I played it before Corruption...

I just started playing Prime again. I got to the mines area, quite far through it, but I only had 36 energy points and I couldn't find a save point. I walked into a room and poison gas started coming out the walls. Complete and utter bastards.

I just started playing Prime again. I got to the mines area, quite far through it, but I only had 36 energy points and I couldn't find a save point. I walked into a room and poison gas started coming out the walls. Complete and utter bastards.

Lol

QotD

Yeah, there are way too few save points in the Phazon Mines.

I'd have to agree with Zechs that this is last gen's best game, though.

I've spent way too much time on this game over this long weekend. I kept trying to set time quotas on myself and failed. I'm already three artifacts away from what I assume is the last boss.

I never actually used to like Metroid Prime, I thought it was too hard, now it's easy. Only problem is, it's sapping revision time. Same goes for Zelda. (Well, I always liked Zelda, but you know what I mean.) Now that I'm older, I seem to catch on alot easier.

most agreed! n_n Samus goes first person and finds a place in one of the best summers ever! (ahhhh.... those were the days...).

I feel old... I suppose it's what happens when you start playing less games...

Oh yes, Metroid Prime 1,2,3... before Super Metroid in chronology I think? I hope Nintendo does THAT thing with Super Metroid! (*unchains Metroid mutant and unscrews jam jar*).

I remember it took me forever to 100% it! I ended up referring to a guide for the last few missile and bombs. I also scanned fervantly like some crazy bounty hunting stalker... eh?

most agreed! n_n Samus goes first person and finds a place in one of the best summers ever! (ahhhh.... those were the days...).

I feel old... I suppose it's what happens when you start playing less games...

Oh yes, Metroid Prime 1,2,3... before Super Metroid in chronology I think? I hope Nintendo does THAT thing with Super Metroid! (*unchains Metroid mutant and unscrews jam jar*).

I remember it took me forever to 100% it! I ended up referring to a guide for the last few missile and bombs. I also scanned fervantly like some crazy bounty hunting stalker... eh?

I remember when I got this it was a lot of summers ago! I was never into the idea of it because it didn't have dual analogue controls, and I hated the idea of having to hold down a button to look around.

Oh how wrong I was. I couldn't believe it when I started playing. The first thing that blew me away was how superb the graphics were, truly ground breaking and immersive. The attention to detail astounding, rain drop on the visor, steam, blood spatter. The feeling of isolation, of searching and monitoring life forms.

I also wondered how Metroid would translate into 3D, but this pulled it off 110%. Everything was in there, from the beams to the double jump. The backtracking is so rewarding, as you get a new power it just clicks - 'now I know how to get to the top of that canyon back in...'

I have played this game through three times, once imperfectly, the second time perfectly and the third because I wiped the data from the secon attempt lol.

I think when I get some time I'm gonna go back for one last visit...

Finished... Now I can finally revise, unless I just end up getting Echoes out.

I seriously had no idea Metroid Prime would look like that. At first it looked like Starfox Adventures' Andross until it's legs poppep out. I thought it'd just be a huge normal metroid (which would be delicious.) The ending was a bit dissapointing though. Fifteen hours for that? Oh well.

I'm replaying this, just finished the part with Omega Pirate thing. I brought prime 2 on launch day. Still isn't finished. The collectathons keep putting me off.

I'm replaying this, just finished the part with Omega Pirate thing. I brought prime 2 on launch day. Still isn't finished. The collectathons keep putting me off.

Prime 2 was a bitter disappointment for me, but I'm kinda wanting to go back and see if it's more enjoyable a second time around!

Prime 2 isn't as good i think it's mainly because it's much harder but not in a gradius kind if way more like a' i haven't got a clue where to go' way

I found Prime 2 a lot easier than Prime the first time I played it through. Well, I never actually finished 2, but when I tried it I was tearing through it in comparison to 1. 21212121

well ok the only reason you would find prime one harder is if you just COULNT NOT get used to the controls like some people i know. Are you an FPS fanatic?

I just can't seem to get into this game. The controls are putting me off. I'm going to give it another go once my exams are over though.

well ok the only reason you would find prime one harder is if you just COULNT NOT get used to the controls like some people i know. Are you an FPS fanatic?

What? And to who?

I didn't think either was particually harder than the other. Both had their fair share of tricky bosses, although it took me longer to get 100% in Prime than it did in Echoes.

I just thought, and this doesnt just apply with metroid, that even when you can complete a game when you're 12, you'd still want to play the 'sequel' to the game when you're 21, even when it becomes a lot easier. Or does i become easier when your older? Or do you get the same experience no matter what age. We all know that we will be able to complete Corruption fairly easily, but what is it that makes us want to play the same sorts of games? Is it how fun it is or how cool the levels look?

Its a weird thought that is difficult to come to terms with. I hope someone understands me...

What personally makes me tick in games is figuring out puzzles and being able to take my time as I please. There's a lot more to it than this, but it's the best I can say. That's why I hate time limits (even in racers, I hate the checkpoints) and love stealth.

Plus, the Metroid games are awesome in atmosphere, the soundtrack always puts you in a cerebral mood, rather than a pumped up "kill anything that moves" mood. In the first Metroid Prime I loved whenever you arrived at a puzzle and that typical "tum-tum, tum-tum" beat started, that really put you in a mood to think through it with all the calm in the world.

Same goes for Zelda, figuring out puzzles and taking your time enjoying a game world.

Personally, I love the subconcious feeling of gratification you get from finishing a difficult puzzle. The ones the make you want to turn the arm cannon out of the screen and power beam yourself in the eye. Then there's the huge completion orgasm.

I know, but is it really a puzzle or just a give-away when you can do the puzzles when you're 12 but you'd still call them puzzles if you were 50. The puzzles make you think a little bit, but they are very easily solved no matter the age. We know when we play Corruption that we'll be able to complete all of the puzzles.

What? And to who?

if you leave out the NOT there is isn't much left wrong with that sentence. You knew what i meant!

Personally, I love the subconcious feeling of gratification you get from finishing a difficult puzzle. The ones the make you want to turn the arm cannon out of the screen and power beam yourself in the eye. Then there's the huge completion orgasm.

yes i know that feeling it's great that's why i love puzzle solvers

I know, but is it really a puzzle or just a give-away when you can do the puzzles when you're 12 but you'd still call them puzzles if you were 50. The puzzles make you think a little bit, but they are very easily solved no matter the age. We know when we play Corruption that we'll be able to complete all of the puzzles.

You have a certain point, but you still have to admire clever level and puzzle design. For example, I'd say the Zelda puzzles are a bit easier to solve than Metroid puzzles, but you still have to admire their beauty of design. When you are in a big ass room and you start to see the logic behind its mechanics and how you affect them (even if it's almost always the same pattern, Zelda puzzles revolve around tried and tested techniques of pushing switches, lighting torches, shooting eyes with arrows, etc), you can't help but marvel at the puzzle placement. At least in my case. :)

You have a certain point, but you still have to admire clever level and puzzle design. For example, I'd say the Zelda puzzles are a bit easier to solve than Metroid puzzles, but you still have to admire their beauty of design. When you are in a big ass room and you start to see the logic behind its mechanics and how you affect them (even if it's almost always the same pattern, Zelda puzzles revolve around tried and tested techniques of pushing switches, lighting torches, shooting eyes with arrows, etc), you can't help but marvel at the puzzle placement. At least in my case. :)

I know, youve explained what ive said in my previous post, the level design is very good, and i guess thats what makes a puzzle. Puzzles should be made less obvious and so the environments dont give away obvious clues. Instead of lighting a torch and hoping it does something have something a lot more complicating and makes you think for a good few minutes. Dont make a puzzle revolve around an obvious central object, use various things that you may just give a once over, and implement them into a tricky puzzle.

Whether the puzzle is hard or not, and regardless of how beautiful it is or isn't, as soon as the puzzle clicks and all the pieces begin to come together, you get a small high. Once you get this high, you keep coming back for more, but you can't get it from the same game over and over, you already know the puzzles by the second run. This is why we come back and continue to buy the sequels.

It's like when you buy Coca Cola or sweets, you like the taste, so you buy more, even when you know it's bad for you. It's like a drug.