N-Europe

Componet cable requirments

mariosmentor

Well first off I'll start with saying I bought a crap ass TV.

It's connection for HD is a DVI-I socket and apparently what I need to do is get the Wii component cables and plug them into a female component cable to Male VGA then plug that into a Female VGA to Male DVI adapter.

Problem is I've not been able to find any female component cables never mind component to VGA. Anybody know where I can find one that isn't a £300 multiway box?

What other connections does you're TV have? Component to DVI isnt the most sensible idea ever...

My tv only has scart, composite, analouge reciever thingy(the old tv signal) and DVI.

In its manual it says that to obtain HD it needs to be plugged into the DVI socket through a female component to VGA then VGA to DVI. Sucks huh?

Cube - the Tv cost £999, I got it discounted from the Phillips repair center because it was scratched. When I looked it up 2 months ago it cost £1200.

It has an avarage analouge socket it doesn't make mention if the DVI accepts analouge or digital.

The official RGB Scart cable is going to be you're best option then. The difference between Scart and Component on Wii isn't massive anyway because the Wii doesn't output HD resolutions.

Even with the progressive scan setting on the Wii? The Tv says it's capable of progressive scan through the DVI.

Progressive scan isn't much of an improvement over interlaced, you wouldn't notice it unless you put 2 TVs next to each other with 1 displaying a progressive image and the other an interlaced.

It isn't worth shelling out £50 never mind £300