N-Europe

Wireless Bullshit - Part Deux

After the lovely chap from some computing establish came round to install the router properly, a wireless card in EEVIL-X [The PC formally known as Shabba-X] Everything went well. A couple of days later wireless fucked off so I had to cable myself up again.

After numerous days of "Tomorrow we'll try the tinternet wireless yeah?". You read right. Tinternet. I think the router isn't working out of spite.

Anyways, two days ago I had a go myself. Had everything shut down, cables in right places and restarted. Voila. We had both Pc and laptop online. Then it seems like the laptop is some sort of relay for my PC, internet is shit/non-functional when the laptop is off. Magically I get signed back into MSN when the laptop is turned on. Today however it seems this is no longer the case. Internet fucked for EEVIL-X.

I repeat the method, this time having the router higher up, "umbrella effect" according to the chap at PC World. Nothing. Laptop has "Tinternet" [You have no idea how hard I restrain myself from slapping him when he says this] but EEVIL-X doesn't. So I've cabled myself up again.

Step dad has a new idea. To bring his laptop upstairs into my room, and try wireless here with my PC. Because logic dictates that my PC is "Getting on abit". S'not that old. Might just be the piece of shit wireless card they've slammed into my machine.

From what I've managed to gather is that after a near perfect "network" has been done, it fucks up after a couple of days. My PC spends hours "gathering a new IP" or some shit.

Anyone got any advice, answers or whatnot?

The weird thing is. Step Daddy knows fuck all about computers. He says "one day we'll have to sit down and you'll show me everything". He can use Google to get answers on his crossword like a pr0. But he seems unable to open Word or anything himself.