NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jamesy101

I am getting worried

Hi, I recently got my Wii online via WiFi Max. I did the first update and all was well. The second update said failed but I saw the new channels on the home screen. I clicked on the Shop channel and so far have been stuck on connecting for what seems like an eternity. Does anyone know what to do? Would it be safe to just turn off the power (the buttons don't work). Thanks, James.

I had something a bit similar, I used the power button on the wiimote to turn it off, and it worked. If you leave it long enough it should time out and give you an error code.

Try going into the settings and testing the connection, then updating when it offers.

The connectingness has 'crashed' on me several times. Just turn it off at the wall/unplus the power and try everythin again.

I did the same thing I do with my computer when it crashes - hold the power button until it turns off. Slightly safer than just removing all the power, as it gives the fans a chance to slow themselves down without damaging the motor.

Well, at least that was how it was explained to me. But holding down the power button should work.

After updates, the wii seems to struggle to connect. I usually switch the thing off after updating it and then it seems to load up all the internet connection based channels fine.

Thanks guys, it's all sorted now and having the Wii online is awesome. Now I just need to get my parents to buy me some Wii points for some VC games!

Sign in to follow this