N-Europe

Serious Net Help Needed

EEVILMURRAY

Fucking pissed right off. My Step Dad just bought this Viao laptop and is spunking all over getting wireless internet, thus has bought a router. Anyways after numerous methods of trying, being the obvious expert that I am. I basically gave him wired net through the router.

Except now, wired internet on both my PC and Laptop is down, giving me some shit about having "limited or no connection". I don't have a fucking clue what to do, I tried reinstalling the modem but it can't connect. I don't understand what the problem is with a network connection as I'm connecting the PC direct to the modem, so why is it giving me bullshit about not having a connection?

I think it thinks I'm on some sort of network which is shared or something, but I don't give a shit about this wireless bullshit. I didn't to begin with, he just wants to "sit in the garden", which I'd put money on not happening.

HELP PLEASE!!

if he specifically bought a wireless router, above all, make sure the ethernet cables are in the right ports on the router and then try unplugging the power cables from both the router and the modem for a few minutes

I had a similar problem when i first tried setting up wireless. Its a total pain in the ass but worth it once you figure it out.