NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hal_9Million

Euro Wii Supply Issues worse than I thought

I was chatting to my friend who works in Woolworths this afternoon during my lunch break, and he told me that the entire company only gets 5 Wii systems in per week. I was shocked considering he also told me the reservation list was huge, bigger than any other product in the store. Seriously though, 5 systems for a company with a shop in every major town in the UK. The only way I can imagine that they are distributed fairly is if the exact time of the order is recorded. So if you order at 9;00am, then you'll definitely get yours before the person who ordered at 9:01am.

He also told me that no-one is buying PS3's so it seems that the initial surge was just catering for the hardcores, and no-one else wants one. He also said "don't get one it's over-rated" to which I replied "I knew that over a year ago".

No need to bash PS3 in this thread - they're selling pretty good, they're just oversupplied (the biggest launch isn't always the best for PR). Nintendo, though, really isn't delivering. Game Mania (one of the bigger videogame retail chaines in Belgium) gets only five every two weeks in my store - they're about to complete all pre-orders in a week-perhaps-two-weeks from now. Nintendo didn't supply enough and still doesn't. Sad, actually.

No need to bash PS3 in this thread - they're selling pretty good, they're just oversupplied (the biggest launch isn't always the best for PR). Nintendo, though, really isn't delivering. Game Mania (one of the bigger videogame retail chaines in Belgium) gets only five every two weeks in my store - they're about to complete all pre-orders in a week-perhaps-two-weeks from now. Nintendo didn't supply enough and still doesn't. Sad, actually.

Nintendo Benelux doesn't paint quite the right picture. Nintendo Benelux needs to get allocated Wiis from Nintendo Germany, and apparently them Germs are greedy (as always :wink:) and are keeping the majority for themselves.

Supply is hardly keeping up though, and it needs to be fixed. It shouldn't be a problem as the hardware's easy enough, but there's probably a bottleneck somewhere in the production.

They may be worse than you thought, but many of us already knew.

(snarky way of saying; lots of threads like this so this is getting locked)

Sign in to follow this