NEurope
ReZourceman

How To Make The Shiny New "Vista/Mac" Buttons Look?

I was asking if someone experienced/better at PS than me would do it (If they didnt mind) if not, I will do it myself...although it will look sub-par.

Ie, if no-one minds doing it for me, please do so, If not no worries.

Cheers.

How are you ever going to learn how to do it if you never try? Just follow my steps and you'll be fine :wink:. Just givee it a go, post it here, and I'll try to make your 'sub-par' 'up-par' (okay, that one was bad). If you try, I'll help :wink:.

Japser, sorry i have to say this it's been bugging me for ages.

You have a awsome sig and a rubbish avatar, make a nice avatar to go with your sig :D

How are you ever going to learn how to do it if you never try? Just follow my steps and you'll be fine :wink:. Just givee it a go, post it here, and I'll try to make your 'sub-par' 'up-par' (okay, that one was bad). If you try, I'll help :wink:.

Challenge accepted! Lol. Ill give it an attempt when I get home.

Erm....Mine doesnt look shiny at all.

*Whimper*

Carpything.jpg

Actually looks Okay, but...how should I do the text? The text looks shitxors.

Actually looking at it, yet again....It looks more 3-D than actually shiny. Any tips?

Challenge accepted! Lol. Ill give it an attempt when I get home.

Erm....Mine doesnt look shiny at all.

*Whimper*

Carpything.jpg

Actually looks Okay, but...how should I do the text? The text looks shitxors.

Actually looking at it, yet again....It looks more 3-D than actually shiny. Any tips?

Indeed it does. You're getting your colors way to dark - so, for your pleasure, I've included something nice here: two PSD-files with gradients and all on the layers and it gives you a nice idea of how you can make shiny buttons yourself. Thje problem with yours is it's light-dark contrast is to hard and that gives a tube-effect, more than a 'light' effect.

This one is for your buttons:

http://www.planc.be/jasper/shinybutton1.psd

And this one is to explain you how-to make a 'apple'-ball (they use it for everything, from dashboard to spotlight):

http://www.planc.be/jasper/shinybutton2.psd

(right-click, save aas, they'll be gone in a few days! (But I'll post that))

By the way, the font is Creampuff and should be downloadable for free somewhere.. Enjoy!

Oh, and your white should have been stronger, not 75%-transparant, like you have in your example.