NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

AVI to WMV

Alright well I have downloaded a bunch of videos, and they are in some weird avi format. When I try to use the program "Windows DVD Maker" which was included with Vista, when I add the files half the screen of the video is green... So is there any DVD maker programs that can eliminate this problem or even better is there a converter that actually works. I've tried quite a bit of converter programs and all of them convert it to WMV but the quality is absolute shit. I know this thread is semi-similar to Caris's thread but it's a little different. And to get it out of the way I have tried using Odwin's program but it gives me errors and doesn't really want to work for me...

Thanks!

Theres an avi convertor by a company called River Past, but you'll have to pay for it... however the output is probably amongst the best you'll find.

Also, try Windows Movie Maker that also comes with Vista.

Alright I'll try River Past, I've tried Windows Movie Maker but there is still the bottom green screen... Thanks

edit*

River Past Video Cleaner Pro fixed the video perfect but only the first 2 minutes... to do the rest it cost $80...

edit 2* I found a program.

Alright I'll try River Past, I've tried Windows Movie Maker but there is still the bottom green screen... Thanks

edit*

River Past Video Cleaner Pro fixed the video perfect but only the first 2 minutes... to do the rest it cost $80...

edit 2* I found a program.

whats the program, I have the same problem.

I believe it is called WinAvi Video Converter V7.7 It put's the quality down a lil bit but it works perfectly and pretty fast.

Sign in to follow this