NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

trying to access information on my PC

LOL!!! I am trying to access info of my PC. I go onto windows, press start, click run, type in CMD, type in IPCONFIG/ALL, and it comes up with a load of info. What ones of these are my primary and secondary DNS codes? What one of these is my MTU value. Amd whenever I try to link up via wired it tells me that it is 'having a conflict with an IP address of another console' How do I disable it? I know this is a lot of questions, but I appreciate help. And if the admins have to delete one of my threads, please make it the 'MTU value and SSID' one. Please?

Press CTR+ALT+DEL, then you will get the task manager to come up, press CTR+ALT+DEL again to open the system analysis tool, go to ip client and click find. Then try your original way.

Not really, do what i said first and see if it works, if it dont i'll try someother things.

I get the first bit, but when I press CTR+ALT+DELETE the second time, it just comes up with the first screen. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

What do you need the MTU value for? My router is just set to "auto".

Phone up your ISP to get the MTU value.

WTF is the ISP? This is just getting more ans more complicated by the second....

I don't need the MTU, though, its useless. When i do CTR+ALT+DELETE the second time, it comes up with the same screen Any suggestion? I really want VC by the end of this weekend, and i'm so close. It's just this last bit is so frustrating...

I don't get it, are you trying to set up a wireless router or something?

I just did this a couple days ago to set up a Static IP adress which I still don't really get what it is. :D To find the Primary and Secondary DnS codes I typed in my original IP address, in the address bar of Firefox or IE whatever you use. It brought me to my router information page and such. Then I clicked on a tab that says status, and it pretty much told me right there...

More info at Portforward great steps on setting stuff up.

I am trying to set up VC with my datel LAN adapter. What I don't get is that every time I log on, error code 52120 pops up. I DO know what this means, but on my PC a message crops up saying that 'there is a IP address conflict with another console on the system.' How do i configure this without changing my IP address?

No, I don't have a router I don't think. But how do i configure the message 'there is an IP address conflict with another console on the system'?

No, I don't have a router I don't think. But how do i configure the message 'there is an IP address conflict with another console on the system'?

Well if you want two devices to share the connection then you need a router. Probably.

I know you are banned, but just try rebooting your PC with all of the above said. It should work.

Sign in to follow this