N-Europe

Bloke devises wiimote and classic controller clip.

flameboy

wiiclips.jpg

I thought you guys might be interested in a little weekend project of mine. I fabricated a clip that attaches the Wiimote to the Classic Controller that uses the "mysterious" 3rd shoulder button.

I've always hypothesized that the "mystery" button (un)connects an as-of-yet unreleased clip that would allow you to attach your wiimote to the Classic Controller. The idea being that such a thing would be good for (a) getting the wiimote out of the way and (b) for any games that may want to have a mix between dual-analog controls and motion-sensitive controls.

these are the words of gonintendo reader Chris Williams who is studying a PhD in mechanical engineering, although to be fair I don't think you need a PhD to make what he has made. But is interesting to see them together, and does raise again the question of how this could benefit games. Also mean the wiimote and classic controller combo is just the same as the sixaxis plus with the pointer still.

thumb140x140_395055108_b5f99bcee1_o.jpg

thumb140x140_395055110_7812673a40_o.jpg

..that is something I have expected to see for a while.. and I'm expecting some games to be released to require something like this in future.. (F-Zero would be cool with this.. nudging the controller right or left to attack whilst having all the buttons required to accelerate, brake, boost, drift etc..)

..on another not, I actually just held a classic controller for the first time yesterday there and it felt really good, almost tempted to get one for when some more N64 games and stuff become available on the VC.. though I have the majority of N64 games I'll ever want..