NEurope
ZeldaFreak

If You Were Nintendo How Would You Improve The Wii?

Or they might not even do that and just have the friend codes for meeting up with friends only.

"Crappy friend codes" are there so we can play our friends. They won't be there with the wii, they'll be one of them. You can't talk dyrung matches in any games now as it is on ds anyway.

You can talk to friends on Tony Hawks Downhill Jam during matches. Or they said you would be able to at E3 last year....

"Crappy friend codes" are there so we can play our friends. They won't be there with the wii, they'll be one of them. You can't talk dyrung matches in any games now as it is on ds anyway.

BTW in ONM they have stated that each game, will use friend codes on the wii

BTW in ONM they have stated that each game, will use friend codes on the wii

That's just because Pokemon did in Japan, and that was because the online thing wasn't up and running so they use the DS service. Elebits uses the Wii's system code.

That's just because Pokemon did in Japan, and that was because the online thing wasn't up and running so they use the DS service. Elebits uses the Wii's system code.

Elebits uses WiiConnect24 not online play against another human though ;)

And source of that it definately won't

don't think anything needs improving myself i just feel its going through a bad spell in games which every new console had. i'm not bothred about graphics, DVD, HD etc as i got my 360 for that (and most likely by next year a PS3 once it has some decent exclusives).

the whole reason i bought the wii was for nintendo games and so i know eventually once the first party games come through i'll be happy with the wii.

one more thing i would improve is making Vc games transferable. Currently, if your system gets stolen, or self-explodes, you are basically screwed. I don't like the fact that when my Wii eventually dies i lose everything i paid for

one more thing i would improve is making Vc games transferable. Currently, if your system gets stolen, or self-explodes, you are basically screwed. I don't like the fact that when my Wii eventually dies i lose everything i paid for

Don't quote me on this but i'm pretty sure your account is kept so that you can just download it again. They put it like that so if you run out of room on the hard-drive, you can delete a game and download it later.

as far as ive gathered , Vc games can only be played on the machine they were downloaded from. So if you replace your Wii, you're SOL. When you buy Wii Points online, they warn you of this

non-refudable and non-transferable

this problem does not exist on the 360 or the PS3

as far as ive gathered , Vc games can only be played on the machine they were downloaded from. So if you replace your Wii, you're SOL. When you buy Wii Points online, they warn you of this

non-refudable and non-transferable

this problem does not exist on the 360 or the PS3

I've heard that Nintendo have promised in some interview that if your console gets broken after a bunch of years, you're supposed to call Nintendo (or Nintendo of europe in our case), and they'll manage it for you. Anyways, where do you find out what your Friend code is?

What I'd like to have improved about the Wii is that it shouldn't constantly disconnect when you swap channels. I want the Wii remain connected untill I turn the thing off. My router constantly f**ks up, you have to try to connect like time and time over, but once you ARE connected it works fine.

I've heard that Nintendo have promised in some interview that if your console gets broken after a bunch of years, you're supposed to call Nintendo (or Nintendo of europe in our case), and they'll manage it for you.

I do hope thats the case. It seems to be one of those gray areas that Nintendo doesnt like to talk about. Im getting my information from the Wii manual, Shop Channel disclaimers, and from Game Informer, who have this to say:

Unfortunately, Nintendo states that neither your account nor downloads can be transferred between two units--something we tested also.

No big deal if they really do handle the issue over the phone, but it would make more sense to have a seperate Shop Channel account thats not tied to the console itself