NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

LAN adapter or usb connector?

I have not got wireless broadband and cannot decide- LAN adapter or usb connector. I need access to VC, so please help. Bear in mind I have Zone Alarm...

The LAN adapter over the USB connector anyday. The LAN adapter gives a much better bandwidth, a more reliable connection, skips your ZoneAlarm and it doesn't require your PC to be on all of the time.

The LAN adapter over the USB connector anyday. The LAN adapter gives a much better bandwidth, a more reliable connection, skips your ZoneAlarm and it doesn't require your PC to be on all of the time.

Cheers, DCK, you have really helped mate. I can tell we will get along. Do you know where to get em though? Where did you get yours?

I have WLAN. The LAN adapter just seems far better to me. You should be able to get it online, and otherwise your local game shop could help you out.

Thanks, Cube, you are being really helpful (and so is DCK) And to think I nearly got one... But where can I get a LAN adapter? Any ideas?

I use the Nintendo WiFi usb connector and i have no problems with it, i can have the pc, my 360 and the wii running at the same time.

The USB dongle behaves funny. Datel have made a LAN adapter. TBH if you can afford get a decent wireless modem router. its worth it.

I'd recommend a wireless router too, I dunno how reliable the LAN adapter is, and how much(if at all one) of an issue it is to set up to work running directly through a modem. I assume you just have a modem at the moment right, and not a router? If you have a router already, but it isn't wireless, then definitely the LAN adapter. However, if you're gonna have to try and run the wii directly through the modem, well, I dunno what sort of options there are already for setting it up, and whether you could have problems with certain ISPs.

I'm all for the LAN adapter, but I think the Wii will look a bit uglier with a massive cable coming out from it's rear.

LAn adabter is way better option than usb tbh usb is pretty steep price as i got a router of amazon for 36 quid (only 6 quid more than usb) and it works fine

I have been using the wifi stick since it was released for the DS. It's a horror on many levels in terms of installation. It should work easily and normally does, but when your setup alters a bit, it will fail to work and bah it's just crap.

Still using it though...

Sign in to follow this