N-Europe

OSCAR!

Speedysurfer

As long as the Borat film wins an Oscar then justice has been done. Its a comedy, and I didn't stop laughing throughout. Therefore it was highly successful in its aim, and so making it a great movie. He deserves an acolade for such a great film.

It won't win against Departed or Little Children.

It would be bizarre if The Departed won the best movie award... Even though it's a great movie, it's an exact copy of the Chinese original Infernal Affairs. It just can't qualify as best movie, seeing it's basically a (very very very very very very good) clone.

But why should it be ruled out immediately just because it's a remake? especially one that many consider to be better than the original.

The Departed, in my opinion, deserves Best Picture, and Best Director whilst we're at it. Not just out of pity for Scorsese, but the film was so great to watch. I especially enjoyed the characterisations which Scorsese and Monaghan (writer) brings out; probably amongst the best I've seen. The script and performances were great aswell. Maybe I should wait to say it should win before I see one or two other of the nominations, but it still is my favourite film of last year, and I doubt that it'll be topped.

But why should it be ruled out immediately just because it's a remake? especially one that many consider to be better than the original.

The Departed, in my opinion, deserves Best Picture, and Best Director whilst we're at it. Not just out of pity for Scorsese, but the film was so great to watch. I especially enjoyed the characterisations which Scorsese and Monaghan (writer) brings out; probably amongst the best I've seen. The script and performances were great aswell. Maybe I should wait to say it should win before I see one or two other of the nominations, but it still is my favourite film of last year, and I doubt that it'll be topped.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie... but it shouldn't win, because it's a precise copy. Not exactly a remake. A copy. And anyway... it won't win. It's either Babel or Letters From Iwo Jima.