NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Konfucius

ATI Graphics Card Drivers drive me mad

Ok here's the problem. My Laptop keeps crashing regularly.

The last few days the screen would freeze for a second or so, then it would go black and come back a few seconds later. Now that wasn't that big of a problem actually but it caused my CAD Application I need for Uni to crash.

In a move of desperation I installed an older driver Version.

My Version wasn't up to date but the most recent Driver Version claimed I didn't have supported card ::shrug:

Installation was no big deal but after every half hour or so I'd get a bluescreen with the message that the file ati2dvag.dll was in a loop (that's the diplay driver). System restart. :sad:

Now I decided to wipe the drivers off my system completely.

First I uninstalled the driver over the control panel, then I uninstalled the rest via the ATI uninstaller and after that deleted that too.

Everything was fine after reboot, Windows didn't find any remains and asked me to install a driver. I declined and ran the Driver Installation instead.

Worked as well, now I decided to do some CAD and after about half an hour again the much dreaded bluescreen.

My System:

IBM Lenovo Thinkpad T60p

2,16 GHz Centrino Duo

2 GB Ram

ATI FireGL 5200 512 MB CAD Graphics Card

Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll

Version: 6.14.something

Date: 20.12.2005

Any ideas what I should do?

Modded gaming drivers, another uninstallation?

I had exacly the same problem as you, but with an Nvidia. Frozen screen, black screen and then it comes back. It turned up it was a RAM incompatibility problem. It was not on a laptop btw.

Sign in to follow this