N-Europe

MP3 to Mobile Phone Question

Garden_Pigeon

Hey,

I've got the everyday generic Samsung D500, I want to get my MP3's off the computer to my phone but I don't want to buy a lead. I was thinking send an email to myself but I don't understand how to get my Hotmail (or AOL) account set up on my phone, if that method will work, can someone talk me through it?

If not is there any other ways to send MP3 files over without a lead?

Thanks.

Some phones have removable memory cards - If you open it up, can you take out a micro-SD card and plug it into your PC with an adapter?

I'm surprised it didn't come with a lead, these days I thought they all did. Why don't you want to buy one? They can't be expensive, or you could get a bluetooth dongle or card and communicate wirelessly.

I've always found emails to and from mobiles to be a bit of a fuss and too expensive. You could probably buy a USB cable for the cost of connecting to the internet to download mp3s you've emailed yourself....

Yeah I think its best to have the lead because you can also transfer games to it without pay...........

Anyway its best to buy it because then your phone can also double as a mass storage device. The phone would normally come with one. A word of warning though, the data transfer can take ages using samsungs software, so set the phone to mass. S and it will go a bit faster than normal.