NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
chrizkerr2

Ubisoft Leak

A slip-up reveals new titles

By Terry Mesnard - September 21, 2006

At videogame forum NeoGAF, an unsecured 2 GB RAR file was posted that included artwork, screenshots, logos and tech demos from previously announced and unannounced games. The public link has since been taken down, but that hasn't stopped users from posting the information.

The previously announced content was from games such as Assassin’s Creed, FarCry Vengeance for Wii, Shaun White Snowboarding, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, etc. However, some new content was also posted and has since spread. Apparently, Ubisoft is working on Far Cry for PSP, a new Prince of Persia title, Rocky for PSP, and a game currently titled Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Ubisoft is understandably unhappy with this security leak and has issued the following official statement: "We are clearly displeased that confidential information from Ubisoft has been distributed on the Internet. The publication of this type of information can only be harmful to the game development process and we will take all steps necessary to prevent this from happening in the future. We are still investigating the events that lead to this information leak and at this time have no further comment."

Thanks to Next-Gen.biz who broke the story earlier today.

http://www.cad-media.com/mediaitem.php?mid=158&c=ps3

EDIT - Christ, I didnt read how old the news was, just saw it and thought it was something new, but the new Prince of Persia game is probably the PSP port of Two Thrones.

Dear God this is veeeeeeery old.

I think i rememeber reading it when it was origianally posted. I was ecstatic about Assasins Creed

LOCK THREAD.

seriously why?

I think i rememeber reading it when it was origianally posted. I was ecstatic about Assasins Creed

seriously why?

OLD. Already posted several months ago, still exists somewhere within these forums. LOCKING MATERIAL this is.

Sign in to follow this