NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Yoshi's Island Wii

Going by the principle that most people don't bother issuing a denial unless they've got something to hide, Yoshi's Island DS producer, Toyokazu Nonaka, practically confirmed the existence of a Yoshi's Island game for Wii. What he actually said was: "Any plans for Yoshi's Island on Wii? I think I'll keep that a secret for now." Which to our eager ears, sounds very much like: "I'm working on it right now and it's absolutely brilliant fun with the remote but I'll save an official announcement for later."

Yoshi's Island in development for the Wii then!

Mini game confirmed.

edit. NGamer jumps to conclusions

edit2. NGamer game for Wii confirmed

edit3. NGamer game cancelled for jumping to conclusions.

edit4. Here's the assumption bit

"I'm working on it right now and it's absolutely brilliant fun with the remote but I'll save an official announcement for later."

The use of speech bubbles is wrong really, because he didn't say it.

Even if he smiled when they asked, it could just be a case of this magazine is flattering me, they think Nintendo want me to make this game?

edit5.

"but I'll save an official announcement for later"

translation: even if i am working on it, I'm not gonna let some grubby UK magazine get the exclusive on it. I'm not getting paid enough.

Sounds like nothing to me. I for one would just love a 2d mario on a home console again, whith beautiful modern graphics and classic controls, just souped up to the max with everything that made early Nintendo consoles great as well as plenty of updates and extra flair.

Despite the recent Joystiq poll 2D games (evidence of demand for such a game) on consoles are tough to pitch against the latest 3D games.

I know a 2D Mario would sell as well as a 3D one but I'm not holding my breath unless there is a renaisance.

A new Yoshi's Island would be great on Wii. Yoshi's Island is probably the best platformer there is (Im not quite sure yet if the DS one is better...)

I think on the Wii they should take the plunge and make the game 3D. I mean, you could just aim where you wanna throw an egg or spit a baddie with the Wiimote, I could speculate plenty on how I would like this game to turn out but now is not the time - Im not entirely convinced just by this that its on the way... ::shrug:

I'd love a new addition to the Yoshi series. The Wii remote would be great for aiming Yoshi's eggs.

Well i'm not saying you shouldn't have made the thread, as it is news (although it's hard to call it that) but you said:

Yoshi's Island in development for the Wii then!

when clearly there is no proof that it is, only a hint or two.

Heard about Super Paper Mario?

Yes, however reports seem unclear to exactly how much of this is classic platform action and how much is RPG style. I would go for 100% classic platforming action and a 100% smile on my face! I also believe this has now shifted development to Wii? Although it hasn't been officially confirmed?

Apparently it will be released, like Twilight Princess, on both Wii and GC.

Yes, i've seen it's still available for pre-order on GAMEPLAY.COM, and the release date is the 26/01/2007 which seems a little unrealistic, but would be nice way to start the new year.

Wasn't the development of Super paper mario transferred to Wii and canned for GameCube? I thought so...

3d yoshi island in which you point with remote to aim eggs

WOULD BE FANTASTIC

^ someone with some fucking sense.

3 words.

three dimensional castlevania.

3D castlevania would be aesome if the remote acted as the handle for the whip!

Sign in to follow this