NEurope
HazyUK

Super Aleste

Does anyone remember the game Super Aleste on the snes?

I can't remember if it was that popular. It was a vertical shoot em up that had great backdrop graphics that used mode 7 effects.

Linky

Had a wee looky at your linky there and Ive neither heard of nor seen that game before ::shrug: Im afraid my Snes shooting was devoted to Starwing, Pop n Twinbee and to a lesser extent Cybernator.

Super Aleste looks cool, is it actually decent or was it a niche thing or what?

Does anyone remember the game Super Aleste on the snes?

I can't remember if it was that popular. It was a vertical shoot em up that had great backdrop graphics that used mode 7 effects.

Linky

I remember it, but never had it. Axelay all the way when it came to shooters, well that and Super Probotecter. Awesome, R-Type was cool too - but very frustrating as the power-up system was very unfair indeed, as when you died you lost everything and on the harder levels it made it virtually impossible to get back to a decent level to fight off the swarming hordes.

Axelay was classic Konami. I remember seeing the Konami logo and knowing that was like seal of quality. The silver border on their boxes spelt out success. The SNES era was theirs, since then, bar MGS I don't think they've got that killer edge anymore. Bar a revisiting of the 2D castlevania games I really haven't seen anything too exciting from them since those glorious 16-bit days.

Yes! I still have my SNES and a copy of Super Aleste. It's a fun game with some pretty cool graphics for the time.

But like Zechs Merquise has already said, Axelay is up there as one of my favourite SNES games. Loved the music and the graphics/presentation!

I also recommend U.N Squadron as another good SNES shoot em up.

Yes! I still have my SNES and a copy of Super Aleste. It's a fun game with some pretty cool graphics for the time.

But like Zechs Merquise has already said, Axelay is up there as one of my favourite SNES games. Loved the music and the graphics/presentation!

I also recommend U.N Squadron as another good SNES shoot em up.

Now you're talking, UN Squadron was fantastic, can you remember Carrier Air Wing? It wasn't released on the SNES but was a CPS1 Arcade game? I may have played it on an emulator... naughty me! But it was awesome, like a refined and meatier UN Squadron.

I forgot all about Axelay!

How could I of forgot about Axelay, a great game. One of my snes faves along with Super Probotector and Parodius.

I'm glad I found this forum. :)

Aleste ain't that great. It is good, I still have it, but it always pales in comparison to Axelay, or R-type.

Carrier Air Wing (1990) is the arcade sequel to U.N. Squadron (1989).

I remember this ginger haird guy called Nick, usually wore a cream polo neck sweater, would play both of those games down the local kebab shop on one single credit. While I would waste dozens of 10p's just getting past the first boss. I'm better now.

Aleste ain't that great. It is good, I still have it, but it always pales in comparison to Axelay, or R-type.

Carrier Air Wing (1990) is the arcade sequel to U.N. Squadron (1989).

I remember this ginger haird guy called Nick, usually wore a cream polo neck sweater, would play both of those games down the local kebab shop on one single credit. While I would waste dozens of 10p's just getting past the first boss. I'm better now.

hahaha awesome. The only game I could do on one credit was Time Crisis 2. I Could always get to the final boss on Marvel Super Heroes, but he was a tough cheating bitch and would beat me everytime.

I used to love Final Fight and Alien VS Predator on the arcade. Ah, the days of CPS1 and CPS2

Now you get me into my own :)

I loved Super Aleste. What a great but hard shooter. Axelay has the same idea but in sweet pseudo-3D. Wonder why there was never a sequel... :(