N-Europe

Weird thing about rotating pictures...(nothing major)

Cube

My mum's digital camera (which only I used for the Xmas photos) has a feature where it can detect when the camera is held sideways, and rotates the pictures accordingly when you look through the pictures on the screen. (it's a decent 5 megapixel camera, with decent video functions).

When I plug the SD card from the camera to the Wii, it loads up all the photos, and automatically rotates them accordingly. (I also found out the camera's videos are motion jpegs (with sound) that the Wii can read, which is ace).

Now, I plug the SD card into my laptop....Windows explorer has no idea about the rotated pictures, and just has them all the shame size/shape.

I'm not really that bothered about it, just wondering why the camera (and the Wii) knows about it, but Windows does not.

It's probably just because Windows Picture and Fax viewer is more of a preview program. It's most exciting feature is it's slideshow, it doesn't preview PSDs, it doesn't animate gifs at the right speed - it's not really meant to be anything amazing. It probably hasn't really received an update for a long time, maybe since before motion jpegs came into use.