NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Has Your Opinion Changed On The Controller And Name?

MY opinion was always the same. The name is simple, easy to say and will have marketing impact. It did, even my grandma knows it's name.

The controller, same thing, it's great technology, wiht some limitations, but that adds loads of fun to games.

A question to you all. Is it better than using a normal pad? I know I love aiming in Zelda, but the sword fighting is annoying when I'm up against a standard enemy and just want to sit back and relax.

And I think I hate Monkey Ball. Although Wii Sports is excellent, and would obviously be crap were it not for the controller.

What do you think?

A question to you all. Is it better than using a normal pad? I know I love aiming in Zelda, but the sword fighting is annoying when I'm up against a standard enemy and just want to sit back and relax. [/Quote]

I personally prefer the 'mote over any other controller. Sword fighting doesn't really require that much effort, imo. I don't notice I'm doing it half the time. :)

And I think I hate Monkey Ball. Although Wii Sports is excellent, and would obviously be crap were it not for the controller.

What do you think?

I'm mixed about Monkey Ball.

Personally, I think the single player is excellent. Great controls, good levels, etc.

However, the multiplayer is a bit sucky.

The question is, would the multiplayer still suck if you used the Gamecube controller?

My answer: yes.

There's just not enough decent multiplayer modes/minigames. I think Sega went for quantity over quality on this one.

"50 minigames!!!!"

Yeah...but how many of these are actually great fun to play?

The problem with Monkey Ball is that it hasn't been improved in any way by the remote. It's pretty awkward at times to point your wrist down with the wii mote. It was much better with the stick especially for quickly turning back on yourself/stopping quickly at an edge etc.

The mini games are too 'mini' to be too involving (i.e only one target on monkey target as opposed to the usual 3 reduces the game to novelty as its so easy)

disappointing really.

On topic I love the controller when used normally but hate using it on its side as it feels shit and doesn't work too well.. I really hope that MarioKart doesn't use that control scheme (like ExciteTruck).

Name looks good as a logo but still don't think it sounds great...

i was quite bemused at first about both the name and the controller.

the name seemed to be an apalling choice compared to "revolution" but now i do prefer it a lot and it just seems natural and how it should be.

as for the controller the only reason i had doubts was because i took the controller for what it was at the time. when they first released pictures of it, they didnt mention the motion sensing and pointing functions (as far as im aware) and im sure you will all agree that without those features the conttroller does look crappy and would be a failure. however obviously the wii-mote does have these functions and i now see it as the biggest innvation in gaming since 3D graphics.

A question to you all. Is it better than using a normal pad? I know I love aiming in Zelda, but the sword fighting is annoying when I'm up against a standard enemy and just want to sit back and relax.

What do you think?

I've played Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (those two do look silly in the middle of a sentence) with my niece a while back and I hated it. The controls feel innatural and the controller feels so - how do you say that - fat, lugish and wired. Tacked on, so to say. I didn't like it. I'm happy with the Wiimote, though I don't think the nunchuk should be used more. At least, games to atract new gamers must never use the nunchuk, because it will be to much buttons again, and let's face it, Nintendo didn't want that.

Monkey Ball. I've bought it two days ago and hated my first experience. After a level or four I started to get a hang to the controls but still felt it was astonishingly hard. Haven't played it since, but will very soon. I didn't pay the full €60 to drop the game in the 'in-animated objects' bin. Not that I have one.

Name:

I thought it was a fantastic name the day it was announced. Honestly. I felt so alone then as even hardcore supporters felt Nintendo has gone unnecessarily complicated with the idea.

Controller:

I knew they wouldn't release something unplayable, so in that sense I did have faith in it. Playing it for real makes it sink in, but I was never a skeptic.

Sign in to follow this