NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bogbas

What the...? Vista and hd audio/video

It's just getting silly now. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.

link

It's a long article so here's a summary on a couple of things.

- Digital output on your pc's soundcard/chip is disabled when hd content is played on vista.

- The component output of your graphics card is disabled when playing hd content.

- Or the quality of those are reduced.

The above will render a user's hd home theater setup useless (if the hdtv or the video projector doesn't have HDCP) if one is to use vista as the os of one's home theater pc and wants to watch hd content.

- Say goodbye to unified drivers (catalyst/detonator/forceware) And hello to one individual driver for every device.

- Devices cease to function because the driver is revoked by microsoft.

- Hardware costs will rise. Just because devices have to be done as microsoft wants them to be done.

if it's true though this just means more problems to the home user.

If true,(and it may well be), I think that ultimately, Microsoft gets screwed over, even if by some miracle, Vista and its hardware constraints are uncrackable, hardware manufactures will turn to the cheapest OS and leave Microsoft as the main system.

Lets face it, piracy helps MS.

I've said a long time ago, DRM is a fucking piss take. Why we should have to have our own purchased goods monitored and then told by companies when we can/can't use them is a complete joke.

As for the drivers thing? What?! A lot of companies are not gunna be happy with that.

Digital Restrictions Management more like.

Someone should start some sort of campaigne, this is the sort of thing which average joe will have no idea about

Someone should start some sort of campaigne, this is the sort of thing which average joe will have no idea about

Or you know, tell people not to buy Vista.

meh, just another reason not to use Vista...

i smell a linux/os x install coming up shortly

Sign in to follow this