NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
zaraki

Uninstalling Norton

Does anyonw know how to remove Norton AV from the computer?

I've tried what I regularly do, go to programslist and remove, but it doesnt work.

And I cant find anything helpful on Symantecs sites.

Does anyonw know how to remove Norton AV from the computer?

I've tried what I regularly do, go to programslist and remove, but it doesnt work.

And I cant find anything helpful on Symantecs sites.

Chances are its running.

Try restarting and holding F8 on bootup. Choose the option to boot Windows in Safe Mode. Then try uninstalling on Safe Mode.

Norton is always a pain in the ass wen uninstalling, it wouldnt fully uninstall one time for me and it really pissed me off as i couldnt install new norton software.

I cant remember what happened afterwards though, sry for not being a help but i wanted to vent my annoyance at norton here lol

Chances are its running.

Try restarting and holding F8 on bootup. Choose the option to boot Windows in Safe Mode. Then try uninstalling on Safe Mode.

thanks for the tip, but it didnt work ):

I'll just send them a mail asking about it.

norton is a plauge, kind of like aol, i.e it can not be truly removed unless a clean format is done

the prob with uninstalling Norton is that I sort of inbeds itself into certain programs for it to protect ur computer. so i would recomend a computer wiz for that. :hmm:

norton is a plauge, kind of like aol, i.e it can not be truly removed unless a clean format is done

Quoted For Truth. Norton is as bad as ANY virus. Removing it is a thorn in your virtual butt.

Backing up your un-losables and formatting is truly the best option :)

Sign in to follow this