NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
kiwikid

Favourite Mode 7 Moments

I'm bored at work and the boss is out to lunch so I thought I'd remember the good old days of Mode 7 wizardry. The SNES was a remarkable machine and this graphical trick that it had lurking inside it made me go funny in the pants numerous times. Highlights include: Castlevania IV - the rotating dungeons and the big stone boss at the end of Level 5. Super Probotector - the plane zooming in at the screen half way through level 1 and the whole of level 2.

Mariokart and Pilotwings also deserve a special mention - erection inducing!!

What was your favourite?

blah i never liked super mario kart.Never ever got used to the controls whereas f-zero controlled like a dream.But at least mario kart had the battle.Ill go with f-zero on this one

Flammie Flying in Secret Of Mana another example of Mode 7, not necessarily my favorite though...

It has to be F zero.

It's a pity the game now looks crap and really pixellated when playing it on my hdtv via the wii. Serves me right for buying a tv I don't really need.

i really dont think f-zero on snes looks crap.Most mode 7 games look better than early 3d games on the ps1.

Flammie Flying in Secret Of Mana another example of Mode 7, not necessarily my favorite though...

I was gonna say that, good one. Also, Pilotwings in general

Sign in to follow this