NEurope
Mokong

Wii on the Late Late Toy Show

1st for those outside Ireland, the Late Late Show is a talk show on every Friday night, the first friday of December it becomes the Toy Show, you know for Christmas, to show off the latest stuff coming for Christmas.

Just watching it now, the Wii was on it, I actually expected it to be on it, but i was expecting a little bit more, but as always the games section of teh show is left lacking, but damn they had the Wii, the could have showed much more than just the Boxing on WiiSports.

And they could have gotten someone who knows about games to demo it not the host (Pat Kenny) who (i'm guessing) knows next to nothing.

All he did was play a little of Boxing, and the only other games he mentions is Tennis, Bowling, Baseball, Golf....of course all on the SAME DISC.

No mention of Zelda, no mention that Wii Sports is bundled with the Console, no mention Virtual Console, they could at least have taken some people from the audiance and get them to play Tennis.

Nintendo shouldn't have given them the console if all it was gonna get was 30seconds worth of air time, then the show gives like 5mins to some dolls and other crap (like a McFly performance :heh:) a piece. WTF?

Well i guess by this time anyone who gets interested in this for the first time from watching the show will have no chance of getting one next week as it would be pre-ordered out.

I was just about to post about it, you beat me to it! My mam called me in when it came on, saying that "the nintendo thing" was on.. You're right, they could have spent at least another minute or two talking about it, but then again it is the Late Late and it is Pat Kenny, you can't be expecting too much :wink:

Richard and Judy have a special on December 8th. If you want a lesson in giving props to a product you know nothing about look to them.

They should have had some multiplayer tennis to show what the Wii was about. I was disappointed only 30 seconds was shown.

Everyone calls teh DS lite the nintendo lite now. Working in a game shop its all I get asked for. kinda funny.

I wouldve thought theyd give it more time but Bratz dolls are the collest shit eva!!! :shock: :p

I asked my sisters (who both watched the whole thing!) was the Wii on it and they said no! Shows how much impact Pat "The Plank" Kenny has!

i never saw this...what channel was it on again?

RTE, Irelands national station.

Its something i usually look forward too, cuz it like the confirmation that Christams has offically begun.

They show off the lastest products (though sometimes, as with Wii, not very well), and have performances from threatre groups or young solo signers, which are generally quite good and the odd celeb, this year they had McFly, Shane Ward and Rod Stuart.

I asked my sisters (who both watched the whole thing!) was the Wii on it and they said no! Shows how much impact Pat "The Plank" Kenny has!

Damn, you'd think his boxing demo (of which i think he threw 3 punches) would make people take some notice. If they plan to have the Wii on next year I'll put my name forward to demo it :heh: though by that time everyone will already know what it is.

they used to have a guy who did the games section, what ever happened to him?

Everyone calls teh DS lite the nintendo lite now. Working in a game shop its all I get asked for. kinda funny.

I wouldve thought theyd give it more time but Bratz dolls are the collest shit eva!!! :shock: :p

I think you mean Slutz

i thought it was a joke really.the entire toy show was gone to the dogs.i mean MCFLY!?

Did anyone see the late late show last week where the drunk guy called pat kenny an arsehole haha classic.

oh yeah just remembered, they had "Lil'Chris" on, the kid was so easily lip-syncing it was embarasing. He obvously only got a record deal for the novelty of his act, and i do mean "act", he was like moving around a lot and jumpin and shaken, but he sure as hell was not singing. There's many rock bands out there who can do all that and sing at the same time

Pat "More Wooden Than Pinnochio With A Stiffy" Kenny is shit. Bring back Gay Byrne!! Then all the audience gets one! :D

Just saw it on the repeat. He really made no effort to explain what its about. It would have been better if he had a few kids on playing Tennis instead of Boxing.